New UX: Restrict Editing on Field Cards

Can't find this as an existing idea!

It appears that Field cards are always editable. I find that Field cards sometime make more sense when added in a bunch (compared to KPIs) and also look better to show some System Mapping fields.

However, it is not ideal that the users are able to change these mappings. Can we have the ability to not edit Field cards (similar to DashGrids etc.)?

Tagged:
47 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I love fields to show some additional information, because they are quicker to build than KPI cards and look better than a grid. However, the current set-up requires line item twins that just reference the original editable line item to make them "non-editable". Horrible.

• Agreed - it would be nice to not have to create a "twin" field to make Field Cards non-editable.

• +1 please allow field cards to not be editable

• I'd like this! It seems strange that other card types in the page builder have the "allow editing" toggle but this one does not - it had me flipping back and forth trying to find the setting since I just assumed it had to be there somewhere.

• I also see value, would love to have this feature added

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!