New UX - set default colour palette

Hi all,

It would be interesting to set a default colour palette per workspace/app/... in order to customize to the client. 

Currently everything has to be changed manual for each chart & graph. On top of that actions et cetera are always blue.

All the best,

Tagged:
70 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Miran
    edited December 2022
  • Noemi.andres
    edited December 2022

Agree with @MaartenGijbels , this would be a great addition to the NUX functionalities, would speed up the build of charts with the right look&feel. Also as this functionality is available in the classic dashboards I hope it is something that is being looked into?

• Nicolas Cadier
    edited December 2022

Absolutely essential!

Where the UX needs to reflect corporate colours, it is simply not feasible to use certain charts.

For example, if you want to display a pie chart showing employees, where you may have >1,000 employees but only display 5-15 at a time, you have to colour code every single employee.

Indeed, this issue will occur wherever you have a chart with many series that need to be correctly colour coded.

• philip.austin
    edited December 2022

Hi @MaartenGijbels  - fully agree, and to add to this one of my customers is highlighting the need for the platform to save/remember recently used ad-hoc custom colors.  Saving the palette will go a long way, cover most cases, but regardless they would wish for the system to remember recently used colors - please see the idea: here

• saratalley
    edited December 2022

@MaartenGijbels Couldn't agree more - we need this functionality in UX especially management reporting for consistent branding across our reporting!

• nicholas.elkan
    edited December 2022

Adding my support to this feature request.  A similar feature is already available in Classic Dashboards, but it would be helpful to have it supported on Apps as well.

• following up on this post- would really be great to set a default color scheme. This functionality exists in classic dashboards and is holding my team back from embracing the New UX

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!