Re-ordering of Dimension Selectors NEW UX dashboards

A nice to have in the New UX would be the ability to re-order how the dimensions appear at the top of the page to make dashboards more aligned and make the selectors appear in the order that users would expect.

Tagged:
160 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

It’s now possible to re-order the context selectors on Boards and Worksheets so the page builder can choose the most relevant order for their users. Thanks for raising on the Ideas Exchange.

Comments

• Nicolas Cadier
    edited December 2022

This is a great idea! Would really help guide user in 'telling the story of a page'.

• CallumW
    edited December 2022

Great idea, @Michelle Sutherland  ! Would definitely improve the consistency and feel of NUX pages.

• Miran
    edited December 2022
  • jon
    jon
    edited December 2022

I agree as well. This would be very helpful and would allow us to guide users in a logical direction based on what they select. 

• Gwen.pryor
    edited December 2022
  • Misbah
    edited December 2022

@Michelle Sutherland I wanted to post this idea today but glad that it was already posted. 

One thing that I have experienced is that New UX needs to provide more flexibility to page builders or to end users. As of now it is kind of strict. Definitely not the Anaplan way.

• JustinDOnofrio
    edited December 2022

I would also request the ability to add page selectors to any place on the board, similar to how the current UX works with "publish page selectors to dashboard".  Having selectors at the bottom of cards is a help, but more flexibility would give us closer parity to the current UX.

• CalebW_77
    edited December 2022

I agree with this, it would be great to have the flexibility to move the page selectors or order in terms of most used/most important. Does anyone know how the current ordering of page selectors is established/determined in the NUX? E.g. If you create a saved view with selectors ordered in a certain way in the model, how would it re-order these at the top of the page if you publish that saved view?

• wendylynnwen
    edited December 2022

I'm also wondering the same thing regarding how the current order of page selectors are determined.

This was never an issue in the classic UX because you can change the way dimensions are ordered based on how you created the saved view, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the New UX.

• xin
    xin
    edited December 2022

I just posted a new idea about this and found out there was already one from 7 months ago. I totally agree to add the possibility to reorder the context filters. It will help to guide the users. It is quite important in my case. In general, it would good to have more flexibility for context selectors.

• Sivasankar
    edited December 2022

Hi,

i am wondering if the order of the filter in the NUX is based on the dimension (list) order of the model then the option of re-ordering the filter in context of the page design is not a valid feature at all. Moreover, i feel the order is not as per the dimension (list) order.

In my model, order of the filter is L1.1 Plant, L1.2 Vendor and L1.3 Materials and in the NUX the context displays in L1.2 Vendor, L1.3 Material and L1.1 plant. Not able to convince myself and users with this disorder. 

Any thoughts and suggestions if any

Regards,

Siva 

• TimWard70
    edited December 2022

@Miran Hoping that 88 upvotes puts this on the roadmap soon.

Many thanks.

• sprender
    edited December 2022

As part of the Management Reporting initiative we are working on this year we are planning on adding a new Page type called a Report page. The plan is to support re-ordering of context selectors on this page then back port to the other page types Board and Worksheets.

• TimWard70
    edited December 2022

@sprender Great news, thank you for the update.  Looking forward to the new Report pages.  Hopefully, the backport can happen in FY21.

• Sivasankar
    edited December 2022

@sprender anticipating the new reporting page . Thanks

Regards,

Siva

• SophieBo
    edited December 2022

Great idea! Selectors can be a little confusing for occasional end-users. 

• KiddXin
    edited December 2022

I also find this problem today. Hope it will be solved in the future.

• kevin.cho
    edited December 2022

Is there any update that can be shared for this item? 

• Margot
    edited December 2022

It would be very helpful to have this option, was available in the classic UX. Seems like a feature that should be editable. Often asked about by the end users.

• This option would be extremely useful, do we have any updates as to if this has been implemented in the new UX?

• The customer is asking for it over and over again. Would really be nice to update this functionality.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!