Remove space/indentation from list items when parent levels are hidden on UX worksheet

AmyX
edited November 2022 in User Experience Ideas

When parent levels are hidden on worksheet, there are a lot of white space for list items which is a big waste and also not good visualization. See screenshot below. It'd be great if the space will be shortened or removed when one or more parent levels are hidden/deselected.

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 4.18.07 PM.png

Tagged:
87 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• AWhitworth
    edited November 2022

Great idea, it could also be useful to give an option to remove the indentation always but highlight the parent in another way. Perhaps by bolding or adding options for the user to set this as they want. 

• tscott
    edited November 2022

if you are using a line item subset it can get even worse... If anyone knows a sensible (i.e. not creating individual line items) workaround for this I'd love to hear it.

It looks awful with this excessive indentation: 

tscott_0-1614856726778.png

• DelahayeOlivier
    edited November 2022

Up !

It is particulary disturbing when you have several levels but only show leaf items.

Users don't understand why so much empty space on the left.

• Bhaidani1
    edited November 2022

I agree that this is something that should be looked at to be implemented in the future 

• RobertPhilcox
    edited November 2022

Bump.

Regularly have clients looking for this. 

• bantiatwork
    edited November 2022

This is really making grids take lot of space on left without any reason from user perspective. There should be a way to remove space.

• AndrewS_*58045
    edited November 2022

Agree with all above this would be a great feature.

There is an odd work around for this issue. If you apply a Sort to a column in the UX grid it will push all the list items over to the left side. Can't say I understand why, however one of the UX grids I have a list dimension down to the lowest level as the first column/ row list and the related line items in the columns. When I apply a sort to any of the columns the list display name becomes left aligned. 

You can't see this impact in the designer mode however as sort options are not available.

Hopefully we get a proper fix soon,

Andrew

• Still very needed— workarounds exist; however, as noted, should not be necessary.

• Agreed, this continues to be a need and a waste of space on dashboards.

• I'll add my voice to this. Workaround not good enough in some of my use cases.

• 3.5 years with plenty of support for more control over indentation. Any possibility of this being addressed soon?

• This would really help clean up some of my grids.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!