Resizing multiple columns simultaneously in New UX

As a Page Builder, I would like to be able to resize multiple columns in a grid view when creating views on a Board or Worksheet.

This functionality should be made available when creating grid views from either custom or module views.

This feature is really helpful when needing to resize a large amount of columns in a grid view.  Currently, the workaround is to use a saved view with the column widths set via column settings.  This can, however, be a hit and miss process as the rendering of the column width in the NUX may not necessarily reflect the column sizing when displayed in the source module.  What I mean by this is that even though the data may display properly in a saved module view, it may not be display properly when published in NUX (e.g. column width may not be wide enough to display the entire text or number in a column).

Tagged:
85 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I am facing the same problem in the NUX. Dragging the column borders to resize a large amount of columns is very cumbersome and time consuming. Page builders should have the ability to drag column borders and have access to something like column settings (in the classic dashboard).

• Agree on this.

• Just a thought - but it may be good to indicate % width of screen (and not pxs like in classic dashboards)

• Agree - this would be helpful.

• Really Needed!

• Agreed - Most of my worksheets have numbers such as -511,100,100.56. this is 15 characters long and always gets truncated on NUX pages making users dive for the export to excel option.

joshuastockwell_0-1628755543179.png

• This is definitely required! It is a waste of time having to resize each column to get the correct column width.

• Agreed. This is painful on the user side as well. When they adjust in the new UX it does not persist when they sign back into the app. Saving a page also does not allow column adjustments to be persisted.

• Yes! We need this 

• Agree!   This is really needed.  

• Yes totally agree, functionality is needed

• Almost 4 years with NUX. Still getting nostalgic with Classic when it comes to this feature. 😉

• erik.bangsund
    edited October 2023

There does exist the ability to set a "Default width" for columns in the UX.

1. Edit a Grid card
    2. Click on the Grid section of Card Configuration
    3. Click on Edit, found under Column Settings
    4. Enter a value in the Default width field.
    5. (optional) Click-Drag on individual columns if they should be different than the Default.

Would this ability satisfy the above request?

https://help.anaplan.com/resize-table-card-column-widths-827a8415-831e-4320-a3a5-5bffaaf50d6d

• I would say it's a start. That this is possible was only released in end of May 2023.

However, classic allowed also for different default settings by hierarchy level.

• The new(ish) feature that allows the page builder to set a default width for a grid is sometimes helpful but still not really fully there yet. We need the ability to select multiple columns in a grid (even those not adjacent to each other) and be able to resize these columns in one go.

Better yet, it would be great if we could just double click the outer edge of one of the columns selected and have Anaplan automatically resize the columns to fit content in each of the columns.

The above features I am hoping can be replicated in Anaplan are similar to what you can do in Excel for a long time now.

• I think Anaplan is doing a great job of releasing functionalities like setting up default width, freezing panes, and many others and in near future yes this request will also enhance the experience of end users.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!