SELECT command does not work with Version name having number in its name

Options

Hi,

I was working to find products ASP for a Version with a variance of 10% between product ASP in other Version. For example, product ASP outlier with version BOQ(Beginning of Quarter) works well unlike EOQ1 (It consists of text and number). 1st formula works well unlike the 2nd one which gives Inval. I believe its a bug in SELECT command for Version where it accepts only text character in Version name. Can you please assist for a solution.

1. IF Net ASP < 0.1 * Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.BOQ] THEN 1 ELSE IF Net ASP > 1.1 * Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.BOQ] THEN 1 ELSE 0

2. IF Net ASP < 0.1 * Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.EOQ1] THEN 1 ELSE IF Net ASP > 1.1 * Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.EOQ1] THEN 1 ELSE 0

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Miran
    Options
    Status changed to: New
  • @shashishankar 

Just to say, this is possible - When Anaplan elements contain special characters, such as numbers, one needs to enclose the element with 's

This automatically happens with most elements when you click on them as part of the formula editing, but as you can't do this for Versions, you will need to manually do this.  So your formula should be 

IF Net ASP < 0.1 * Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.'EOQ1'] THEN 1 ELSE IF Net ASP > 1.1 * Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.'EOQ1'] THEN 1 ELSE 0

I would also add that from a best practice perspective it would be better to split the line items and use booleans as a result if possible. The calculation of Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.'EOQ1'], can then be calculated independently and a boolean result is more efficient and takes up less space than a number. So the formulas would be:

line item 1 = Net ASP[SELECT: VERSIONS.'EOQ1']

line item 2 = Net ASP < 0.1 * line item 1 OR Net ASP > 1.1 * line item 1

Hope this helps

David

• Hey David,

Thanks for your quick response. I couldn't recall for a while that number would also be treated as a special character.

• No worries - If you were able to click on the version item, it would have put the ' in automatically!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!