Save UX Export Definition as An Action

It would be great if we could save/automate dashboard exports from the UX in the same way that we can in the old dashboard experience. Right now, if we want to automate the sending of a dashboard export (a PDF), we need to do it as a saved view of a grid or build an old UX dashboard to export from. 

Right now, if I export a dashboard as a PDF, I can't save it as an export action in the model to be automated. Even if I just wanted to export one card, I can't save the export definition to be used later. This would be a very helpful feature, especially for management reporting. 

10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• @kevin.murphy  agree with you, good to implement! 

• Agreed, this functionality is essential for reporting purposes.

• Absolutely agree with @kevin.murphy here!

• Yes we have no ability to set up an automated export of a Chart, which is a ****. Especially with new Reporting functionality, the fact that a PDF Dashboard (Ideally New UX + Report pages) export can't be saved and referenced by integrations / API calls is a big **** - executives love getting a PDF with the info they need, they don't always love following links to log in and look at reports, even though a live report is better. Just is a different workflow I'd love to be able to offer.

George Heiler

Anavate Partners

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!