Search Functionality for Import Data Source Selection

When setting up an import into a list or module, it would be useful to be able to search for a module/list/saved view when connecting to an Anaplan model on the "Select Source" section. I have a model with hundreds of modules and having to scroll through these modules every time I set up an import action can get tedious. An additional search bar above model selection could also be useful for workspaces that contain many models. search.PNG

9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • This would be a great help to builders. It will save lots of time if we can search desired source instead of scanning all items one by one, especially if we have a pretty large number of saved views. 

• This is a very helpful functionality.  When I realize that I have difficulty in finding the module or view that I need, I have to go to the Modules pane and search for the module so that I can guess where it is when I am back to Select Source section.

• @BenHilgendorf , @andre.lie  @JLD  As a workaround just use the normal browser search function (hit "Ctrl+F") and search the name of the module or the saved view. You will be able to find it easily even there are a lot of modules/saved views. 

hope it helps

Alex

• Thanks Alex! I should've tried that first thing. 

Ben

• Thanks @alexpavel. I have tried the workaround, it is really helpful.

• Nice! Should've tried it first.

Thanks Alex!  

• Agree that search filter is needed.  Workaround is very helpful.  Thanks for posting this.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!