Search Functionality in 'Manage Models' Window

With mature Anaplan workspaces, there are typically dozens of models that would have been created during Foundations, development or for sandbox uses. 

As the list of models grows, it becomes hard to scroll through the list to find a specific model. 

This difficulty is especially evident in partners' workspaces, where there are potentially hundreds of archived models and finding an archived model takes significant effort from the list.

Please look at this screenshot for example, to gauge how much a user would need to scroll to find a model.

pvijayteja_0-1583338135271.png

The ask for Anaplan is to add a 'Search' functionality in the 'Manage Models' popup window, to make it easier for users to find models. 

23 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: In Review
  • This feature would definitely be helpful. 

Currently as a workaround users can do Cmd + f / Ctrl + f to open the browsers search box and use this to navigate the model management dialog. 

• It would be nice to be able to search multiple workspaces at the same time. I have recieved many requests from users that think they don't have access to a model, but that is because they are in the wrong workspace. A master search field would be helpful.

• Nice idea @pvijayteja! Can totally see how, particularly on archive, that would be beneficial to all.

• I like this idea! To be honest, I'd probably be more likely to clean up my archived models so that I didn't have to search so much if we could have a flag that doesn't allow the deletion of certain models... my biggest fear when doing cleanups in my workspace

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!