Sorting with nested pivot

Being an Anaplan builder, I would like to be able to perform sorting with nested pivot (wich means pivot with several dimensions in rows).

Currently, sorting can be done on in case of one dimension represented in rows. However, I would be great to have an ability to do the same with several dimensions (nested pivot) in rows. Despite workarounds, it would be a pleasure to have a direct functionality in Anaplan.

Benefit of the enhancement: preparing of more detailed and useful in terms of pivot reports.

Tagged:
56 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: In Review
  • So much this! I'm currently trying to sort a module that has an L2 level list as a dimension, but it shows the L1 parent. I can sort the L2 items within each parent block, but I can't just sort the parent block. This is annoying because as we add more L1 parents, it'll just get harder and harder to understand the list. Doing this alphabetically would be great. This seems like it should be a simple thing. 

• I would really like to see this feature as well!

The current restriction must have something to do with the way that list items are grouped, as this type of sorting could lead to instances where list items are not drawn in the same repeating order.

Even if that is the case, this is pretty basic functionality that I feel should be within the platform.

• Hi, Indeed, we need this feature. There are a few reports which look far from ideal because of the non-availability of this feature.

• This feature would be quite useful, as it greatly limits the reporting capabilities of the tool 

• HI

I agree with all already said, would be very useful.

Thank you

• Another vote for this functionality, this would be extremely useful

• Status changed to: In Review
  • +1 for sorting on nested dimensions. I am running into this issue based on a user request, and the suggested workaround of ordering the list dimensions by the desired sort amount is not suitable

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!