Time Period Formatted line items dependency on Time Range

Currently dropdown for time period formatted line items shows all time periods for Model Calendar. There should be an option to make them dependent on Time range applicable to that particular Module/Line Item. For Example: If Model has 5 years, a Month formatted line item will show all 60 months in dropdown even if that Module has a time range of 1 year. There should be an option to show only 12 months in this case.

7 Comments
Community Manager

Status changed to: Needs Community Support
Certified Master Anaplanner

I agree this would be very helpful. We have encountered user errors where the correct month is selected but in the wrong year. The consensus from our users is that there are just too many months in the drop down. Leaves too much room for error.

It would be great to have the ability to limit the time selections when using a time dropdown selection on a given line item to choose between the Model Calendar timescale or a selected Time Range timescale. This can either be similar to dependent list dropdowns or something different. 

For example, if my Model Calendar only has FY20 but my Time Range has FY17-FY20. Currently, every dropdown selection includes all time periods in FY17-FY20, even if I only want to limit my selections to my FY20 time period. 

This will help reduce end user confusion and manual errors when entering in data. 

Community Manager

Status changed to: Needs Community Support

Completely agree!  Even the model calendar is set to 12 months but since we have a 24 month custom time range, 24 months show in the dropdown - in order to work around this we have to build a fake custom month list and link that to the time dimension, very cumbersome!

Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Indeed it would be nice to be able to limit the Time formatted line-items similar to "normal" lists. 

Currently the only workaround is to create a dummy Time list with the same elements of the real Time list and implement the limitation on the dummy Time list. 

Totally agree that this should be in the remit of the model builder to be able to decide which periods to display to a user. I would even suggest that it would be even better to also make this a dependent dropdown so that I can still use a Time Range or Model Calendar but then limit it by another line item. This then gives the ultimate degree of flexibility. 

Users Online
Currently online: 320 members 1,010 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: