Unhide specific columns without having to unhide all columns in a module

Description:

Unhide specific columns instead of the only available current feature of unhiding all columns just to see one or a few specific columns

Example of enhancement:
Currently, in any module, unhiding one column that was previously hidden is not possible other than unhiding all columns along with the one column you need to unhide.

As an example, we have our time at the top in months, Qtr & year.

We hid 2 years of historical data (2014 & 2015). In addition, we also hid a whole slew columns that were irrelevant (about 10-15 columns).

We re-organized the order and saved the module for the users.

Couple weeks down the line, a valid request comes up to have one column that was hidden to be displayed.

Other than unhiding all the columns to be able to re-add one, it would be great to be able to 'right-click' a column and get a view of all hidden columns and then be able to 'check' the one to be showed.

Benefit/impact:

'Show All Columns' will require a full redo of the work made in the dashboard and some dashboards are huge and the work made to make them user friendly is painstakingly long at time.

Tagged:
6 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Delivered
  • Is this still on the roadmap?

• Status changed to: Delivered
  • Can you clarify where / how this was delivered?

Thanks!

• @vicky_ascencio like @mliffmann asks where is this? i've gone into a random module, done some nesting and hidden columns but then there's nowhere to specifically unhide a particular column. All I can see is the ability to unhide specific columns when i've got an unnested module.

• @andrewtye , @mliffmann 

Are you asking specifically outside the realm of "Select Items to show" or "Reselect Items to show" once the view is set?  I was under the impression that this was the fix.  

• @jwu - that's really only for non-nested views. which has always been an option as far as i'm aware. in the below example i've always been able to reselect from the rows as it's a single dimension but not been able to reselect from the top without doing show all columns or repivoting the view.

andrewtye_0-1603093105912.png

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!