Upgrade Model search to ignore apostrophes (' or ’)

As a model builder i want to be able to search quickly through the entities of my model.

Frequently I have to examine formulas which most of the time have references from the other line items and modules which have special symbols in naming (i.e. a dot (.) in module named '8.15 Transport tariffs options (Month)') So if I copy and paste this name in Model search - this will not work as i have to get rid of apostrophes.

Here me trying to search '8.15 Transport tariffs options (Month)'  as it's given in formula:

KirillKuznetsov_3-1660292840349.png

KirillKuznetsov_0-1660292814345.png

This is if i remove apostrophes (') from the search as it's written in the name:

KirillKuznetsov_2-1660292820539.png

Conclusion:

Search engine conditions are too strict and need to be adjusted in order of flexibility.

In the other hand I can type "815" (no spaces) and Model search will find me all possible matches:

KirillKuznetsov_4-1660293123014.png

Seems like there are some syntax search rules applied to the engine with blocks the search if I enter apostrophes.

7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!