Register

Version Subsets

Version Subsets

Ability to create subsets of the versions list

Benefits: This will allow versions to be used much more versatile way, as the model-builder will be able to specify which versions will show up in which modules. For example, use forecast & actuals in some modules, but use V1, V2, V3 for scenario planning in other modules.

7 Comments
AnaplanIdeas
Community Manager

Status changed to: Considered for Future Roadmap
Fwolf
Certified Master Anaplanner

You can always make a general list called versions and this would allow you to to able to create subsets on the version list. 

If you decide to go this route make sure you consider the benefits of the versions list which will no longer be available when using a general list

- Switchover 

- Formula scope  

- Edit from / to dates 

wwood
Certified Master Anaplanner

I think version subsets is a great idea, this would make versions more useful by giving you the native functionality with the ability to subset.  Then you could use different versions as needed, without the need for the workaround. 

DavidSmith
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Status changed to: Under Investigation
himanshu.badhai
Occasional Contributor

can we expect an update on version subsetting anytime soon?

Niko1703
New Contributor

I support the idea very much! I see this post is the 'hottest' post under the 'Under investigation' topic. Will this be put in a roadmap? 

VSekar
Contributor

Definitely, the feature of having the subset on the default version dimensions will help a lot. It decreases the model size as we can use the required version members alone in the modules.  Awaiting for this feature to be available in the near future. Currently, in our implementations, we are using the custom version list and using workarounds to get the native feature of switchover, formula & edit from/to. 

New Solutions
tonybol
Contributor
harishroshan
Contributor
ClarenceA
Frequent Contributor