Event Wrap-up: Master Anaplanner Q&A—plus your questions!

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Event Wrap-up: Master Anaplanner Q&A—plus your questions!

• From @iphillipfelices: What are some of the difficulties you've encountered in your Anaplan journey so far and how did you handle them?

Thanks@iphillipfelices, what  a great question 😊
Of course, there were many obstacles in the way but the secret to overcoming them is persistence and perseverance. if you are determined to reach your goal and don't allow yourself to give up midway, you will succeed.
Would you believe me if I told you that at the beginning of my Anaplan career someone in Anaplan told me that I'm not "cut" to be an Anaplanner. how is that for a spirit-crushing obstacle? but did I give up? 
Before the 90-day trial program, I couldn't get any certifications without having access to the platform, which was a huge obstacle. but I stayed connected through other resources, Community being the chief amongst them. Other actions you could do to overcome the various obstacles include:

• Actively dedicating time to go through the training. when I finished with my training I dedicated an hour every day to read something new on the Community.
  • Learn how to seek help, first on your own through leveraging the various resources but also by asking others when needed.
  • Surround yourself with other highly motivated individuals who share your goal of becoming a certified model builder or a master Anaplanner.
Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
iphillipfelices
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much, @einas.ibrahim! Your answers on both of my questions (in the event and here in Learner's Lounge) are very helpful! You inspire me to pursue achieving the Anaplan Certified Solutions Architect and eventually becoming a Certified Master Anaplanner. 

pboghani
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the recording ..was afraid I would miss the event  because of the time difference ..Very nice  to hear the inspirational story of @einas.ibrahim 

einas.ibrahim

From @garima.rawat: I have been working on and off on Anaplan projects. I am currently re-certifying L2 I still get confused with formula writing because of a of lack of hands-on. How can I improve?

Hello @garima.rawat  and thank you for attending

Well, I suggest you keep your hands busy. Nothing beats actual modeling. Challenge yourself during your L2 training to come up with the solution and implement it before the material gives you the answer. Another suggestion would be to build a separate model - a sandbox - where you can practice. Look through the functions on Anapedia and invent a way to use them in that sandbox. Look at the models on the apphub and try to replicate parts - or all - of them before looking at the code. 

Hope that helps

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
einas.ibrahim

From @Misbah: How Important it is for anyone (not just Master Anaplanners) to use Planual while Model building?

Hello @Misbah and thank you for such a great question.

I believe the Planual to be one of the most important documents for model builders of all levels. It is a great guide for not only how to build but also how to build right!
I strongly advise all community members to read the document and digest the valuable information it contains.

If anyone has a question about the Planual, @Misbah is your guy to ask.

Einas
einas.ibrahim

• From @sachin_mohandas: I got my Solution Architect certificate a couple of months back and I wanted to increase my Community footprint. Any pointers on where I should start?

Hello @sachin_mohandas and congratulations on obtaining the Solution Architect certificate. 

Community allows Anaplanner to interact and contribute in many ways. You can start by engaging with those who post questions and answer their questions. You can start a topic of discussion yourself and start a conversation or even a debate about which formula is more effective for example. You can submit new ideas, platform improvements, or adding a new feature on the Idea Exchange.
Feeling adventurous? Write a blog or collaborate with someone else to do so, Have a unique way to handle a particular issue in Anaplan? submit it to the Best Practice.
Don't forget to join groups and attend events. you can interact with many people during these events.

Good Luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your name more often in the Community!

Einas
einas.ibrahim

• From @JaredDolich: Does the Master Anaplanner title open more doors to finding gainful employment? What is the market like for Master Anaplanners?

Hello @JaredDolich and thanks for another good question.

The short answer is, Of course, Yes, The Master Anaplanner certificate signals to recruiters and companies that you are knowledgeable about and dedicated to the Platform.

The certificate is well known and respected outside of Anaplan. I believe almost every recruiter who approached me about an Anaplan position asked me if I am a Master Anaplanner.

I have to say though that I am happy that obtaining the Solution Architect certification is a pre-requisite to becoming a Master Anaplanner. Many companies are looking for an architect who can design and oversee the project so they focus on the Solution Architect certificate more.

And then there are companies who are looking for just model builders who can execute a plan well.

So all in all, there are multiple opportunities out there for all levels of Anaplanner. I advise everyone to aspire not only to obtain a certificate but truly gain the skills behind the certificate and that comes with practice and dedication.

Einas