Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

Highlighted
Community Boss

Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

This forum is for asking the stakeholders of the Unicorn Candy Company questions about the Assigning Accounts to Territories Process.  The Anaplan Academy team will be monitoring this forum during US Central standard business hours. Please allow up to 24 hours for replies. This forum is not to be used for asking questions about model building or for help with modeling questions, these questions will be removed from the forum.  This is to clarify details regarding the business processes.

54 REPLIES 54
Contributor

Re: Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

When trying to balance the account assignments to territories to avoid over/under loading what specific method do you use for the "balancing"?  Is it simply each territory has the same number of S/M/L accounts as the others?  

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hey James,

What we are looking for is to see how our account sales targets are distributed across the different segments.  For example, If I am looking at the country of Italy, I want to see how much of our sales targets are within  the small, medium and large segmented accounts.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Ok.  So you're just looking to see SM-40%, MD-30%, LG-30% to evaluate the balance vs some time of active balancing activity that would cause a certain allocation to be achieved.  Correct?

Highlighted
Community Boss

Percentages would be nice to have but I want to see the dollar amount by Country.

For example-  New Zealand Small -  2,500,000 Medium - 3,000,000 Large - 2,500,000 All Segments 8,000,000   

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Quick question on the overall assigning accounts to teritories process. Do we want a model to do an initial assignment which will maximise profit within given constraints (similar to Excel solver) or is it fully manual process? By manual process I understand a Country Sales Operations Manager going to the model, assigning accounts to teritories and if it's wrong (either by overloading a territory or by having difference between their location), the model highlights it and suggests to correct it. What's the correct approach?

Highlighted
Community Boss

@Matthias     We want to do it manually for this release, in the manor you described.             

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks Chris.

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @ChrisMullen , can I ask what your definition of a 'territory' is?  Is it:

1. A geographical area within a specific country, for example a State or regional group of States, or 

2. Some other subdivision specific to the country, for example 'all those accounts managed by Ms X, one of the Australian territory managers', or

3. A subdivision that is not unique to the country - perhaps sales channel, although that would likely be a fixed property of the account, rather than manually assigned

I'm guessing it's either 1 or 2, and probably 2., as if it was 1., you would just take the head office location of the account and see what territory it was in.  Re-balancing would then be done by expanding/contracting the territory size to make all territories similar in support requirements, rather than reallocating accounts cross-geography

I'm sure this will be answered later when we see some of the data, but it would be helpful to start thinking about it now for my design.

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hi Steve,

It is a geographical area within a specific country.

Thanks,

Chris