Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

Short and to the point 🙂 Thanks @ChrisMullen 

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

HI @ChrisMullen,

I do understand the process of assigning the accounts to the territories but still have few doubts.

1. On what basis the accounts will be assigned to a territory, Meaning let's say an account has a target of X and it belongs to a segment 'Medium'. Now on what condition this account will be assigned to a territory? Also here how would I know which territory has maximum support and the capacity to handle the customer?

2. How do you know the Account Segment of an account? Will it come through the data file or is there any calculation that needs to happen behind the scenes or is it a manual input(if yes, who has the access to do it?)

3. I hope the accounts to territories assignments will already be present and the Country heads will do the reassignment to the existing structure based on the Sales Target and Segment?

4. How about the newly added customers? Will it be assigned randomly or do we have a specific territory in each country where it takes the new accounts?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Kavin.
Highlighted
Community Boss

@kavinkumar  We want to make sure we run a small release and get the model in the hands of our end users.  Because of this, we have put a lot of these functionality requests into our backlog for further releases.  See my replies below to your questions. 

1. Do not concern yourself with the territory capacity and the how behind the segmentation of an account.   In this release, we will not be performing any calculations related to these factors. 

2. It is in a data file, that will be provided to you later. 

3.  There is a file that has all of our current assignments.  

4. For this small release, we are not worried about newly added customers.  

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@ChrisMullen 

Although the process is crystal clear what needs to be done but it gets confusing at certain places.

1. There are two files that are to be uploaded into Anaplan, one into Hub and another one into Planning Model. What is the purpose of First file that gets loaded into Hub? I think it is to make the Code for Territory-Account List within Hub. If I am right in thinking so, then how is it helping in the planning process to create codes when we are finally uploading second file for Territory-Account Assignment.

2. Finalize Assignment Process - What is this process supposed to do when all the Exceptions have been cleared? I think I am missing "Code to Use" Part. Explaining Functionally will help a lot

3. For User Story 2.4 - It says Use a Published Line Item on the Account Assignment UX. I am not able to find it? Or does it mean to Use Publish Selected Line Item on Dashboard" Option?

Misbah_0-1584866974877.png

Highlighted
Community Boss

1. There are two files that are to be uploaded into Anaplan, one into Hub and another one into Planning Model. What is the purpose of First file that gets loaded into Hub? I think it is to make the Code for Territory-Account List within Hub. If I am right in thinking so, then how is it helping in the planning process to create codes when we are finally uploading second file for Territory-Account Assignment.

There is the creation of the Account>Product that is made in the data hub not the territory-account list.  The territories are loaded into the Data hub because these are company wide and might be used in other models. 

2. Finalize Assignment Process - What is this process supposed to do when all the Exceptions have been cleared? I think I am missing "Code to Use" Part. Explaining Functionally will help a lot

It is made to finalize that list and make sure that list is up to best practice.  That is all I will say on that. 

3. For User Story 2.4 - It says Use a Published Line Item on the Account Assignment UX. I am not able to find it? Or does it mean to Use Publish Selected Line Item on Dashboard" Option?      It is to help with comments. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I also got confused by this. How are we going to assign the accounts to the territories? For example, how many accounts would be assigned to US East, and so on? Is there a file to be uploaded for this? The G4 Territories>Accounts is a numbered list and each is a parent of A1 Accounts, how can we know which A1 Accounts be assigned to each of the territories? Thanks a lot.

Highlighted
Contributor

Were you ever able to get a response on this?

Highlighted
Community Boss

@jonathanpascual @bleeds    You are given a file that will have the assignments. It will be in a later section. 

Highlighted
Contributor

When we talk about balancing the sales support needed by the customer accounts with the capabilities of the territory, does it mean that the account assignments across all the territories should be done in such a way that the capability of all the territories should always be equal or slight variations( like in a real business scenario) is acceptable ?

Can you just help me with a better clarification on the concept of balancing ?

Highlighted
Community Boss

For this release, the actions taken to balance will be done manually outside of Anaplan.  We just need the ability to see the targets that each territory has.