Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

On what basis, i need to update the "G4T Territory>Account#" list to proceed with "QUO01 Territory Account Validation" ?

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Level-3-Sprint-2-US-2-1/m-p/66165

[ Correct me if i am wrong in my steps: I have created the Hierarchies [G1 Region, G2 Country, G3Territory list ] in Data hub and then created the System module in the Data Hub as per the SYS 05 sales planning model or {as per CSV file provided in the U.S}.]

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @xrprasadx ,

In one of the user stories it is explained how to build the hierarchy (what conditions to follow). As a suggestion, we want to reduce sparsity when creating this list. So think about what we need to do in order to reduce it.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Costa

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @Costa 

Can you please clarify which user story explains how to build the hierarchy ?

Highlighted

Unicorn Candy Company seems to be specifically requesting the Assign function per the UX Checklist. They must of seen this from an Anaplan Sales Rep.

The issue with the assign function is that it doesn't import a Code into the list when used. This is a terrible thing in a SPM model.

By NOT using the assign function and creating a simple import process with picklist selection (so I can get creative with codes which would allow for a better model experience down the line and more dynamic lookups as I can populate specific properties), I can streamline the assignment of accounts while making User Story 2.2 unnecessary by not allowing the assignment of a single account to multiple territories to begin with. 

Would Unicorn Candy Company be okay with creating a process as it is a far better, more robust and safer solution? Or is there a specific reason they want the assign function?

If they must have the assign function, do we need to capture a finalization process user story where we can then import the codes into the list items that have been assigned?

Highlighted
Community Boss

We are very keen on using the Assign function and we require that after all assignments are made codes are aligned. 

Highlighted

Why are you so keen on using the Assign function?
My first intuition also says: why using the assign functionality at all. Why not start with the simple drop down (filtered on only the country's territories) to assign an account to one territory. This will make both user stories 2.2 and 2.3 unnecessary.
I would advise to start as simple as possible, and only add complexity if really required.
What is the functional benefit of using the Assign function in this use case?

Would the country sales operations manager(s) be open that we will showcase multiple options and after that we can choose to use the assign function or not.
Highlighted

@Guido.kaandorp is correct here.
What we would be able to do by not using the assign function is give actual scenario planning ability with picklists. You could create multiple views (something that is in my current wireframe) and allow them to compare different roll-up values. The only reason they would want the assign function is to move items around and play around with account to territory assignments, but it makes if difficult to see any comparison because values are constantly changing.
I will build using the assign function because I don't want to waste any more time, but I believe this certification exercise is making us build a less than ideal T&Q solution.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

When assigning account to territories. Can I assume that an account is specific only to a country (predetermined ) and the each country has a territory list... or the countries shared the same territory list (e.g. T1, - North, T2, South, T3 - East, T4 West) ?
Highlighted
Community Boss

Each account should be only assigned to one Territory.   You'll see in our Territory Data.csv file (sprint 2 lesson) that we include the Country for each Territory.  

ChrisMullen_0-1588714226060.png

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  for the UX prototype. I am a bit confuse regarding if just submitting the an excel mop up of the dashboard or the whole workflow?

thanks