Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

1. Revenue (Potential/ Actual based on final target value): Is this based on the Sales reps present in each territory and their previous experience and capacity in terms of a $ value? Can we quantify the Small/Medium/Large segmentation in $ value?   I am assuming you are talking about commission for sales reps and not the Final Sales Targets for the accounts.  In both cases, we do not use the segmentation for any calculations.    For the Sales Reps commision, we look at their role and tenure to establish a commission and attainment rate based off of assumptions which will be given to you.     While the Segment might influence the decisions on which accounts to Hold or Override, we do not calculate values based upon it.  

2. Support Requirement(Small/Medium/Large Segmentation): Can we assume a numerical quantification to assign the level of support required as Small = 1, Medium = 2, Large =5, where we can determine that 3 small accounts require as much support that 1 Large account would? Could you provide further description of the level of support by account segment?   

This is out of scope for this release.  You will be given assignments.  

3. I am also assuming that the territory in your company is based on the Geographical territory within each country and that you would be providing the data file, based on discussion with questions asked by other builders, is that a fair assumption?  That is correct. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

LEVEL 3 MODEL BUILDING: PROCESS FLOW & UX DESIGN
4.2 Ask the Stakeholders Forum
Question:
Would there be a possibility of Account reassignment/restructuring at a later point after the initial assignment (even if it is within the same Territory and the Country Sales Ops Manager's assigned Countries)?
Highlighted
Community Boss

These assignments will be held for the year, there is no need to build in any functionality to account for reassignment. We just want to make sure we can finalize them and assure they will have a proper code. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Anaplan Team,

In US 2.2 -2.3, We are setting up the count calculation for QU001 and QU002 modules. Till now, Only a Territory file is provided to be loaded in Hub with out any account mappings. To complete this we need account data for the territory which is not available yet. 

To finish 2.2 - 2.3, How do I know the Account to Territory mapping? Should I use the assign process to set up a sample mapping till actual data is provided

Highlighted
Community Boss

@nmaram  Yes, you should just use the Assign process to check that it is working until you get a new file later on in the course.