Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

Re: Assigning Accounts to Territories Process Questions

@nmaram  Yes, you should just use the Assign process to check that it is working until you get a new file later on in the course. 

PhilippErkinger
Certified Master Anaplanner

@ChrisMullen I'm now in sprint 2, but I really hope you are going to ask in the exam "As a solution architect, where would you implement improvements in the process?". This entire assign process is just screaming for it. 🙂

Planning Rockstar at Bluesprint
EmmelineM
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

I don't understand the purpose of the Finalize Assignments process. It is explained that it "will run the process to finalize the mapping of accounts to territories and create an identifying code".
For accounts displayed in this DB as incorrectly assigned, does the end user correct assignment of these accounts to territories on this dashboard or on the Assign Accounts DB?

Or does the end user follow these steps: 
1- check errors on Account Exceptions DB
2- modify assignments on Assign Accounts DB
3- fun Finalize Assignments process, in order to create (or rectify) the right codes for previously misassigned accounts?

Thanks by advance for your response.

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

Hi @EmmelineM 

That is correct.  The goal is for the end user to be able to easily identify and fix any mismatches and then run the process to make sure that there are codes.

-Chris