Highlighted
Community Boss

Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process Questions

This forum is for asking the stakeholders of the Unicorn Candy Company questions about the Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process.  The Anaplan Academy team will be monitoring this forum during US Central standard business hours. Please allow up to 24 hours for replies. This forum is not to be used for asking questions about model building or for help with modeling questions, these questions will be removed from the forum.  This is to clarify details regarding the business processes.

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process Questions

How do we calculate monthly commission from quarterly commission - Is this simple division?

Highlighted
Community Boss

We need to be very precise with these numbers or else Karen from Accounting will yell at me.  We need to calculate the number of days in a month, and divide it by the total number of days in the quarter.  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can you tell me the specific format required for the exported monthly commission forecast file?  What type of delimiter and what columns and order is Finance expecting?

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hi James,

Finance needs the Employee Code along with their commission for each month. The format should only show months, and not have quarterly values.  It should also only include sales reps.

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Quarterly Commission Calculation Process

Hi,

For the Process on calculating the Quarterly Commission $, is it correct calculation: the Sum of All account sales targets for each sales rep *(multiply by) the net commission (based on tenure and role)? I keep calculating high values for my commission % forecast. 

Highlighted
Community Boss

@Agandhi 

My numbers too are showing higher than what is shown in the snip. What did you find out? 

I have based my calculations on -Net Commission = Commission % * Attainment %

@ChrisMullen  Are you around? I have posted few queries.

Highlighted
Community Boss

@Agandhi @Misbah 

@NoahJ found an error where the values were divided by 100, this should not be the case.  I am updating the materials right now but if you noticed your values are much higher, try and divide them by 100.  Once this is fixed, I will be posting notes in the areas affected 

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

I just moved on as I could not keep waiting. I've completed my L3 and had to miss the question.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Same here! Just spent 30 minutes trying to find why my output is 100 time more than on the "Check your build" section 🙂