Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process Questions

kavinkumar
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process Questions

Hello @ChrisMullen,

I would like to clarify a few things in 'Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process'.

1. Do we have the concept of TBH (To be hired)? If yes, can we get a bit more clarity on the same?

2. Do we have the Employee hierarchy setup for the Sales rep or is it a flat list? The reason for the ask is to confirm if there is any request coming in the future to show the above level Manager's Quota through roll-up.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Kavin.
Constantin
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @kavinkumar ,

Probably you finished by now your Level 3 but, I'll try answer your questions for those who are still working on it:

1. To see if we have the concept of "To be hired" I recommend having a look when an employee starts and what is the current period. This will help you answer your first question.

2. To check if there is an Employee hierarchy for the Sales Rep, I recommend checking the Data Hub information. Also, by carefully going through the User Stories it should point out some hints that will tell you if there is or not an hierarchy.

Good luck to you and everyone who works on the Level 3 certification!

Kind regards,

Costa

Misbah
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@ChrisMullen 

1. Where is the QUO08 module? It is not available in the model. Are we supposed to build this for dependent dropdowns

Misbah_0-1584957243428.png

2. User Story 3.1 -  Is Sales Rep designating process takes place in this story or is it just showing the Country sales manager the necessary parameters for each sales rep and then having filter functionality for him to filter out the accounts. Or Is it Designating the sales reps, which then populates the parameters based on the selection that he makes in the sales rep column. I believe it is the former one and the story 3.2 should do the designation 

Misbah_1-1584957755859.png

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

1. Where is the QUO08 module? It is not available in the model. Are we supposed to build this for dependent dropdowns

--- You will need to create that module.   (I am looking into removing all ## from any modules, to help avoid confusion) 

2. User Story 3.1 -  Is Sales Rep designating process takes place in this story or is it just showing the Country sales manager the necessary parameters for each sales rep and then having filter functionality for him to filter out the accounts. Or Is it Designating the sales reps, which then populates the parameters based on the selection that he makes in the sales rep column. I believe it is the former one and the story 3.2 should do the designation 

I am not really sure what you are asking here.  Make sure that when they are doing the designation that they can see the reps details, also some of these details should be updating based off of which accounts are given to a rep (ie the number of accounts they are assigned)  

RahulSahoo
Contributor

It is mentioned that "Maximum # accounts" & "Quota" of each sales rep is determined using Quota Matrix ( based on Sales Rep Job Role & Tenure level ) as well the "Commission Rate" and "Attainment %". Based on this statement, I wanted to know what information does the Quota Matrix exactly hold ? 

Misbah
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@RahulSahoo 

I think it is already given in supplement material. If you have reached upto this level of model building already please proceed further, read user stories carefully and I am sure you will get an idea what needs to be done. 

xrprasadx
Contributor

@ChrisMullen 

Hi Chris,

I noticed that System Module and Required actions is already build in Data Hub then why below screenshot say do it again ? Is there any purpose of doing one more time ?

xrprasadx_0-1586346565061.png

Note: Import file "Role" column details only different and rest of them are same

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

To have that data in the data hub so it can be referenced in other models and updated in one location.
pvijayteja
Contributor

@ChrisMullen  I have tried using two formulae to calculate the same number as the screenshot:

a. Monthly Commission Forecast = (Yearly Aggregated Forecast/4)* Quarterly Apportionment * Net Commission Rate 

b. Monthly Commission Forecast = (Yearly Aggregated Forecast/Yearly Apportionment of Quarters) * Quarterly Apportionment * Net Commission Rate 

With option a, I am seeing numbers that are 0.7% lesser than those in screenshots

With option b, I am seeing numbers that are 1.2% lesser than those in screenshots

My yearly target for the sales rep Janell Witzell does match the screenshot in User Story 3.2 and I did verify that her sales tenure and role matches load files.

I am stuck at this point since last week. After fixing the last error (dividing by 100) did you still see slight variances in results compared to screenshot?

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@pvijayteja 

This forum is meant to ask questions around the process not to check formulas.  Make sure you are taking quarterly patterns into account.