Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

I can't speak to your model building questions but I can tell you more about our accounts. 

Each Account is assigned to a territory. Each country has multiple territories.  When it comes to the segments, each account is given a segment S/M/L.  

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Well that's my question answered!

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

So this question may or may not be appropriate for this forum, but I need some clarification regarding the Sprint 1 instructions. In User Story 1.2 section 3.3 "Check Your Build", we're asked to compare our model (downloaded from the training) to the image in the training. But the dimensionality in the model we downloaded isn't even close to the image in the training. The model download for the TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets module is Time (Quarters) and A2 Account>Product#, but in the training screenshot the dimensionality is Time (Quarters), P1 Product Family, and G2 Country.

At any point in this Level 3 training are we expected to completely reconfigure the module dimensionality that was given to us when we downloaded the model, or is this an error in the training that needs to be fixed? The line items are also inconsistent in both cases of the TAR01 module.

Training Screenshot

DavidEdwards_0-1583442822075.png

Model Download

DavidEdwards_1-1583442888733.png

Highlighted
Community Boss

Those are for two different User Stories.   When I built out the beginner model, I was struggling with how do I name them.  The TAR01 in the starter model, is actually the 3rd Target setting module that I built out.  I did not want to name it TAR03 in the starter model because I though that would have lead to confusions as to where TAR01 and TAR02 are.   

The module in the training screen shot is for setting your Initial Country Sales Target.   The TAR01 Details Sales Target is for establishing your Initial Account Sales Target. 

Highlighted

Sounds good, Chris. Thanks for the quick reply!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisMullen :
This is still a bit confusing to me.
How about calling it "TAR00 Sales Target" in the screenshot then?
Highlighted

Hi @ChrisMullen, a quick user security issue on sales target setting.  I understand that each Regional Sales Executive should only be able to set targets for the countries, and then accounts, within their own region, but would you like them to be able to see what other RSEs have done in their regions? We can allow each RSE read-only access to other regions if so.  If not, we will lock it down to just their own region.  

Highlighted
Community Boss

@sjbows 

We would like them to be able to see (read) what other RSEs are doing.  

Highlighted

Thanks @ChrisMullen , that's all I needed to know 🙂

Highlighted

Shouldn't we include YEAR filter for % Increase?