Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

@CommunityMember122364 Level 3 model building is to be completed on your own.  This forum is designed to ask for questions around the process. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

For PY Country and Product Family Sales, I tried to use sum.

However, the dimension doesn't match.

Could you enlighten me?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisMullen 

Since there is only one Final Account Sales Target for each account, I am wondering what is the logic for the formula that take both seasonality and proportionality (py actual sales by product/country py actual sales by product family) into account? 

Highlighted
Community Boss

@RongF    There is one Annual  Final Sale Target.  However, you will need to be given quarterly breakdowns for these.  To show how much of each product should be sold each quarter. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi 

I have few questions regarding TAR01 Detailed Sales Target module.I believe PY Country and Product family sales is the baseline financial forecast and  which we initially imported, while all the values tie out to screenshot you attached, I see that PY Country and Product family sales don't tie out where as initial country sales target values tie. Could you help me in rectifying my mistake.

mpippara_1-1594392412188.png

Thanks,

Manisha

Highlighted
Contributor

General question.  For non-US locations will they be entering data in their local currency or in USD reporting currency?

Highlighted
Community Boss

Great Question!  Everything will be entered and reported in USD.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chris, 

Here are some clarifying questions that I wanted to confirm:

1. How are we managing the account segments as of now?
    1. Who is managing what account belongs to which segment
    2. Does the team want functionality to be able to assign Accounts to Segments in Anaplan?
  2. Can the country sales operations manager dispute their assigned targets?
    1. What I mean is if a country sales operations manager doesn't agree and has a reason for it, does he have the ability to raise that to Regional Sales Executive?
  3. Does the team edit the targets for future quarters based on actuals for the current quarter?
  4. Does the data coming from FPnA go through any initial data sanity or we can use that directly as Baseline Financial Forecast?
  5. The same question for POS revenue data - directly use source data or process and use
Highlighted
Community Boss

Question 1 - For this release, we are not concerned with anything related to reassigning account segments.  In the future, we would like to use Anaplan for account segmentation but it is out of scope for this release. 

Question 2 - Country Sales Operations Managers can dispute their assigned targets, but these discussions happen outside the platform.  There is no need to build in any functionality around this. 

Question 3 - There is no  editing of the targets at the quarterly level but if I am understanding your question, you are asking how are the quarterly targets calculated.  Previous years actuals are used to define the initial account sales target quarterly distribution.  However, after the Account Review, when going from our Initial Account Sales Targets to our Final Account Sales Target, we want to use the quarterly distribution of the Initial Account Sales Target. 

Question 4 and 5 - The Baseline Financial Forecast  and POS Revenue data do not need to be further processed before they can be used.

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Regarding the Account Review process, what is the relationship between Accounts, Segments and Country?

I am assuming that every Account belongs to an Account Segment as an hierarchy and every account can belong to a Country with a property relationship.

Also every account can belong to a specific Country and have a segment as a property.

So the user can either use the hierarchy and the property as a filter to view his Country and Account Segments.