Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

@CommunityMember122364 Level 3 model building is to be completed on your own.  This forum is designed to ask for questions around the process. 

FPAnalyst
New Contributor

Hi

For PY Country and Product Family Sales, I tried to use sum.

However, the dimension doesn't match.

Could you enlighten me?

RongF
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisMullen 

Since there is only one Final Account Sales Target for each account, I am wondering what is the logic for the formula that take both seasonality and proportionality (py actual sales by product/country py actual sales by product family) into account? 

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@RongF    There is one Annual  Final Sale Target.  However, you will need to be given quarterly breakdowns for these.  To show how much of each product should be sold each quarter. 

mpippara
New Contributor

Hi 

I have few questions regarding TAR01 Detailed Sales Target module.I believe PY Country and Product family sales is the baseline financial forecast and  which we initially imported, while all the values tie out to screenshot you attached, I see that PY Country and Product family sales don't tie out where as initial country sales target values tie. Could you help me in rectifying my mistake.

mpippara_1-1594392412188.png

Thanks,

Manisha

Rinkesh29
New Contributor

Generally Planning process starts before the year end , mostly last quarter so in this case how do you handle the Actuals of Previous year for planning in Next year. Do you need the forecasting for the current year if yes based on what.

Option may be baseline from the Previous quarter , baseline from the Last quarter of Previous year , or manual forecasting. 

kunal_311
Frequent Contributor

In Review of 1st point Regional sales Executive wants to review the account with 3 handy pieces of information:

1) Each account PY actual sales revenue (QTR/YLY) - Source to fetch data is from POS system data.

2) Initial Account sales target - Source is Baseline financial forecast and stretch goal %

3) Total of initial account sales target by account segment - I am not able to track down the source here, from where I get to know whether the account is small/medium, large. and how to define them in those segments.

Do we need to assume here something?

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@kunal_311    The account segments are located in the starter model. 

Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

For Exercise 9.1, User story 1.11, I am not sure whether we should split the Final sales target using Actuals PY proportion or Initial Sales target proportion?

Eg Store Candyrate (All numbers used here are fictional and not from exercise)

Actuals FY19 Q1 1500/Q2 2500/Q3 3500/Q4 2500 [15%/25%/35%/25%]
Initial sales target FY20 Q1 2500/Q2 1500/Q3 2500/Q4 3500 [25%/15%/25%/35%]

FY20 Final sales target - 3000

Using Actuals proportion [15/25/35/25]
FY20 Final target is now [450/750/1050/750]

Using Initial sales target proportion [25/15/25/35]
FY20 Final sales target is now [750/450/750/1050]

Based on this, which approach we are taking? My understanding is to take the Initial sales target proportion. Am I correct?

Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

Found myself, it is based on initial sales target.