Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Occasional Contributor

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

@Jo I have the same question. The 'SYS11 Account Details' module has a Location Line item but it was never updated in the process of building out the Data Hub piece in Level 2. There's no correlation between an Account and Location.

@ChrisMullen Is this correct or should there have been a file in Level 2 to populate the Location Line Item i.e. to give an Account a specific location?

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Community Boss

You can find these values populated in  the Level 3 Starter Model.  You'll have a designated Account Location in the starter model. 

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

@ChrisMullen 

We may not have access to the "Level 3 Starter Module."  In previous replies you said:

• Check the Account Systems module.
  • Use the Accounts location to designate that account to the country.
  • When the model is downloaded, the field for location is in the SYS02 Account Details outlines the particular account location. I am unsure what happened to your model that caused you to lose that data. You can download another model to get this data and import it into your current model.

The original model I worked on for Level 2 training and the new model I just downloaded does not have a "SYS02 Account Details" module.  As noted by others, it has "SYS11 Account Details" and does NOT have the Location field populated.  See below. 

Stacey_Gibbens_0-1601063877356.png

If this is the incorrect model , please advise how we can get a correct version.  This is the version downloaded from the link "Download a copy of the Data HUB model" from the 2.1 About the Data HUB Model chapter. 

Thanks,

Stacey Gibbens

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Stacey_Gibbens 

Review your Level 3 model start that we downloaded first (not the Data Hub). The location information is available in the Account Details system module (SYS02) as @ChrisMullen said.
If that data is not available in your L3 model then there is a good chance your System modules got corrupted. Go back to the beginning and download the Level 3 starter model. However, from the screenshot you provided, you were looking at the SYS11 in the data hub, so perhaps the data is in the L3 model all along.

Good Luck

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Highlighted

To anyone else who has been confused about this thread, the Level 3 Model Starter model is available at the start of Sprint 1 and NOT anywhere prior to that in the course. 

You can skip ahead and download it if you are looking to use actual data in trying to think about and model out your initial proof of concept diagrams, but that is evidently not required.

Best regards,

Stacey

Highlighted

I actually found a relationship in the SYS09 Account Details in the Supply Chain model we built in the prior training.... I couldn't locate any other relationship, so I am going to try and use that one...

@James.sharrett, @Jo , @mmoloney Any luck getting someone to answer your original question outside of this forum?

Highlighted
Community Boss

@Stacey_Gibbens   Please make sure to review all the materials, everyone has access to the level 3 starter model.  

Highlighted

@ChrisMullen  Could you please confirm that you are referencing the Data HUB starter model shown in the screenshot below? 

Stacey_Gibbens_0-1602096210789.png

Because I did download that and I do not see that it is different than the version I was working with for the Level 2 model building course.  As such, there is no relationship between accounts and country in any of the SYS modules.  You indicated this information would be in a SYS02 module, but the only module we have for accounts is SYS11 Account Details and it does not have a relationship between Account / Code and Location.  Location is blank.

Stacey_Gibbens_0-1602096525949.png

Maybe I am completely missing something, but I'm kind of at a brick wall for this piece of info.  Please advise.  Thanks...

Stacey

Highlighted
Community Boss

No,  There is a Level 3 Starter model, which is different than the data hub.  It is the first section of the first sprint.  

ChrisMullen_0-1602190467954.png

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

For Sprint 1 - 4, I tried several way but failed to convert two flat dimension model to a hierachical dimension model. Could you give some hints?