Register

Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Constantin
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Hi @Alenart,

During my exam I had a similar issue. What I recommend is to clear the lists and rebuild/import them by following the instructions from the beginning of the exam.

Good luck with the exam! Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Costa

CommunityMember115158

Hello,

I am currently in the section

LEVEL 3 MODEL BUILDING: PROCESS FLOW & UX DESIGN

3.3 Ask the Stakeholders Forum

Question:

There was a Q&A section which says "Country Sales Targets and Account Sales Targets is completed on an annual basis. In the future, we may transition to a quarterly process". When we build the model as part of L3, should this be built to accept both Annual and Quarterly basis or just one of these 2 ? Sorry if this is covered at a later stage in the training.

Thanks,

Gokul.

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

You should only build out for this to be done Annually. 

PaulRitner
Valued Contributor

Hi @ChrisMullen !  I'm taking the Level 3 course & landed here!  I have no questions, but figured this is a good time to say hello!  Best wishes for the holiday!

SRoberts

Hi there! Question for the Regional Execs 😉  For the Target Setting user story 1.13 regarding a "reset" ability, I understand you want the ability to adjust (write) your account targets and view (read) other RSE's account targets. If you decide to clear your holds and overrides using the dashboard reset button, do you want to clear all data for all accounts, or just the data for your accounts?

Thanks!

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

We want it to clear for all accounts.  Thanks for checking

ChrisWatteau
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

Is there a need for the Final Account Sales Targets to be split by product? There was mention in the presentation of using the Product Sales Pattern from last year's actuals in order to determine targets but it's not clear that this is fed through into the final output of this process.

If the Final Account Sales Targets are required to be split by product, can you please confirm the following logic?:

When the Stretch Goal percentage increases are set for each country, they are applied equally to all accounts in that country. Therefore, they are applied equally to every product family and every product in that country (when compared to the Baseline Financial Forecast).

However, since the Regional Sales Executive is able to override targets at the account level, and since each account's target is based on its own unique Product Sales Pattern, it is possible (and in fact common) for products and product families to have different Stretch Goals within the same country in the Final Account Sales Targets. For example, the Stretch Goal for France might be 5% overall, but for Chocolates it's actually 6%, and it's 12% for Nutzo Bars.

Thank you in advance 🙂

zbunting
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisMullen Really enjoying the training so far.
I got to Sprint 1, section 9.3 and have the correct total annual targets for each account, but the quarterly seasonality is off. The way I interpret the problem, is that for each A1 Account, we look at FY19 total sales (sum over all products) for that quarter divided by the annual total. In the source data, the proportions are slightly off from what I see as the check values provided.

zbunting_0-1615005910198.png

For example, Q1 Candyate FY19 actuals is 120580.3/123865.6 = 0.24519. But the solution provided, Q1 target is 136080/556212 = 0.24466. Am I interpreting the way we get to FY20 seasonality incorrectly?

zbunting
Occasional Contributor

I figured this out. Initial targets are not the same as last year sales by account by quarter.

Srisesh9
Occasional Contributor

I have a question. But before asking the question, I would like to know if there is any link where I can see all the previously posted questions in a single page, and then actually taking me to the answer/posting when I click on a particular question.

Reason is I could not verify all the 96 questions posted earlier in this link in 10 or more posted pages.

Since I am new, I am not sure of looking in a single place for all the questions posted. Please guide.

Clarification question:

User story 1: FY20 monthly forecasted revenue by country and product family from the FP&A model to create a Baseline Financial Forecast in the Sales Planning model.

In the FP&A model, we had FY20 forecast figures derived from FY19 Actual data (as past data). I do not recollect that we had actual data for FY20 in FP&A model.

So, would I be using the Forecast of FY20 in FP&A model as Actual for FY20 as baseline while we do sales planning for FY21. That is, the assumption that - the forecast of FY20 derived for FP&A model had in reality also became the actual for FY20. 

Is that right (or) am I missing something? If I do not get this right now, my whole sales planning would go wrong!

Please clarify.