Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Thank you 😊
Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The data of baseline financial forecast by country and product family and the data of historic revenue by product from 2019 actual sales is inconsistent. The sum of product revenues by product family and country using the later file does not equal to the number provided by the former file. As a result, I am wondering if we could only use the by product data to calculate the detailed sales target?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If I understand your concern correctly then I can say these are 2 different sets of data and are not supposed to be equal.
One is the actual sales data for the FY19 and the other is a forecast for FY20.
Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I thought the Baseline forecast revenue is also taken from previous revenue (based on level1 logic) and thus expected the two data sets to be equal.

I guess I know how to deal with it. Thank you!

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I posted it as a stand-alone issue three days ago and I haven't gotten any feedback:

I am beginning Exam 1 of the Level 3 training. I have imported the new/updated 2019 actuals. I am on bullet #3 and the two examples of confirming the Account>Product relationships DO NOT EXIST in my model.

I found the file used to load file from the Level 2 exam. I have reviewed it and there are no SKU's that have volume for Candy Storezio (A006) for the Nougats-N-Cream product family (P005**) or the Nougatacious product family (P006**).

I am supposed to manually set some data so that these will be linked?

Do I have an out-of-date file? If so, can I get a current file (Historic+Volumes.csv).

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Anthony

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @Alenart,

During my exam I had a similar issue. What I recommend is to clear the lists and rebuild/import them by following the instructions from the beginning of the exam.

Good luck with the exam! Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Costa

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am currently in the section

LEVEL 3 MODEL BUILDING: PROCESS FLOW & UX DESIGN

3.3 Ask the Stakeholders Forum

Question:

There was a Q&A section which says "Country Sales Targets and Account Sales Targets is completed on an annual basis. In the future, we may transition to a quarterly process". When we build the model as part of L3, should this be built to accept both Annual and Quarterly basis or just one of these 2 ? Sorry if this is covered at a later stage in the training.

Thanks,

Gokul.

Highlighted
Community Boss

You should only build out for this to be done Annually.