Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

Misbah
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

@Margot 

Yes you are right. It is just for explanation purpose as in how should the calculations be made within the system and how should it look like at country level. 

I had posted similar query earlier. 

Margot
Occasional Contributor

Hi Misbah,

Thanks for the answer. I have found this information in the system module after all 🙂

LokeshNandula
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi Chris,

I used YEARVALUE to achieve the required results for below story without using SYS99 lookup module. Do you see any performance impact in using YEARVALUE?

YEARVALUE.JPG

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

We have no idea here at Unicorn Candy company 😉  If you have questions about a performance issue with Anaplan, you should use the Anaplan Product forums.  We are just here to answer questions about our process. 

CommunityMember121270
New Contributor

Hi,

I require some clarify on the requirements for the Target Review.

The process discussions and user stories (1.1 & 1.2) refer to setting stretch targets against the Baseline Financial Forecast from FP&A, and showing related differences.

The related UX prototype request appears however to want to see differences to the 2019 actual sales revenue.

Does the user require a UX which shows target comparisons to basline forecase, 2019 actuals, or both?

Regards,

Ken

Misbah
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@CommunityMember121270 

In your calculation module you need to show the difference in absolute values when the user inputs the Stretch goal in Percentages. This is for current year only.

chetirski
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi,

So the user story tells us to use Baseline (FY20) and stretch goal to get the Initial Country Target(FY20).
The schema shows the same.
However, the UX example and then the Sprint 1 checklist show that the the Initial Country Target (FY20) is a result of the PY sales and the stretch goal.
I am not sure if this is an issue or I am missing something

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@chetirski  The stretch goal percentage and baseline are used to establish the initial country target.   

afraelick
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisMullen - I know there have been a few questions around this, but can you please clarify what the process is for this allocation? It seems that Candy Unicorn Company's process is to determine an allocation for 1) product family by country, and 2) product family by account - and then how do you utilize this to establishing the Initial Account Sales Target? 

afraelick_0-1588043367338.png

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@afraelick     

You want to multiply that by your Initial Country Sales Target to get your Account Sales Targets.      

Account A's previous year nutzo bar sales took up 2% of all of the Chocolate family sales for their country. I want to make sure that when I am setting next years target, I adjust it so that Account A's nutzo bar sales take up 2% of all of the chocolate family sales for their country.      So once you establish the allocation, multiply that to the initial county sales.