Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

jruder
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

jruder_0-1589556406405.png

Hi All,

I am working through user story 1.4 and am having some trouble with the check. After backtracking/redoing, at 1.3 I realized the revenue numbers do not align at the A2 Account>Product level, however, they aggregate and check out at a total level. Is this okay to move forward with? Or is there something inherently wrong here?

Thanks so much for your help.

Best,

Jenn

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

Hi Jenn, This forum is used to speak with the Unicorn Candy Company for questions related to the process. Are you sure that the revenue numbers don't align and that you didn't modify that view in anyway?
jruder

Yes, only sorted ascending to try align with the check view. I think I must have missed a small detail so going to try from scratch. Apologies for misusing the forum.
JaredDolich
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi @ChrisMullen 

I've read through the other questions others have asked and I just have one additional one.

The basis for next year's projected sales targets is last year (LY) sales.

What do we need to consider about LY sales activities? Do we need to take into account a country or account's last year's growth rate? This would account for partial year sales from a Country or Account that may have been large enough to skew the result. Or, will we take care of that during the override process by the regional sales executives?

Jared Dolich
ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@JaredDolich 

You need to account for how much of a countries product family sales that an account has previously accounted for.  You must also consider the seasonality of it.  You do not need to consider their previous year's growth rate. 

willridge
Contributor

Hi, I've just started the course and have just been through the process for setting sales targets.

In the Account review process, "Regional Sales Executives can choose to override an Initial Account Sales Target for one or more of their country's accounts".

"When one or more accounts' Initial Sales Target is overridden, the other accounts within the same country will also have adjusted Initial Account Sales Targets in order to maintain the same total Country Sales Target."

What should happen if all of the accounts are overridden? 

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

If should take all of the overridden values. 

andre.lie

Hi @ChrisMullen 

I am not clear with the level of override and hold should be done.  User Story 1.7: "As a Regional Sales Executive, during my review of accounts, I need the ability to manually enter a different value to override an individual account’s total Initial Account Sales Target for the year"

I understand Initial Account Sales Target is also at Product and Quarter level. Is the override or hold also done at product and quarter level?

Regards,

Andre

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hello @andre.lie 

At Unicorn Candy, the Initial Target is determined based on multiple factors including last year’s sales, %increase or stretch goals for the country amongst other things.

However, the regional sales executive should have the ability to adjust/override these initial targets (based on qualitative factors)

So if the initial target automatically calculated  is X, the regional sales executive should be able to change it to Y.

this is what is meant by the snippet user story you provided. 
More requirements regarding the Hold and Override process will be explained further in other user stories. 

The hold and override applies to the Account annual sales target. After finalizing these figures on an account level we like to break it down to the product level, quarterly using the same seasonality. 

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Ajinkya
Contributor

Hi,

1. Need more clarity on how does one determine the overall growth potential for individual account segmentation? 

2. There is a mention of "seasonality assumption" and "product pattern sales" as factors to be considered while reviewing the Account targets. How does one differentiate between the two since both of them sound similar?

Thanks,

Ajinkya