Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

Establishing Sales Targets Business Process Questions

This forum is for asking the stakeholders of the Unicorn Candy Company questions about the establishing sales targets process.  The Anaplan Academy team will be monitoring this forum during US Central standard business hours. Please allow up to 24 hours for replies. This forum is not to be used for asking questions about model building or for help with modeling questions, these questions will be removed from the forum.  This is to clarify details regarding the business processes.

119 REPLIES 119
ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@chetirski  The stretch goal percentage and baseline are used to establish the initial country target.   

afraelick
Certified Master Anaplanner

@ChrisMullen - I know there have been a few questions around this, but can you please clarify what the process is for this allocation? It seems that Candy Unicorn Company's process is to determine an allocation for 1) product family by country, and 2) product family by account - and then how do you utilize this to establishing the Initial Account Sales Target? 

afraelick_0-1588043367338.png

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@afraelick     

You want to multiply that by your Initial Country Sales Target to get your Account Sales Targets.      

Account A's previous year nutzo bar sales took up 2% of all of the Chocolate family sales for their country. I want to make sure that when I am setting next years target, I adjust it so that Account A's nutzo bar sales take up 2% of all of the chocolate family sales for their country.      So once you establish the allocation, multiply that to the initial county sales.  

jruder

jruder_0-1589556406405.png

Hi All,

I am working through user story 1.4 and am having some trouble with the check. After backtracking/redoing, at 1.3 I realized the revenue numbers do not align at the A2 Account>Product level, however, they aggregate and check out at a total level. Is this okay to move forward with? Or is there something inherently wrong here?

Thanks so much for your help.

Best,

Jenn

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

Hi Jenn, This forum is used to speak with the Unicorn Candy Company for questions related to the process. Are you sure that the revenue numbers don't align and that you didn't modify that view in anyway?
jruder

Yes, only sorted ascending to try align with the check view. I think I must have missed a small detail so going to try from scratch. Apologies for misusing the forum.
JaredDolich

Hi @ChrisMullen 

I've read through the other questions others have asked and I just have one additional one.

The basis for next year's projected sales targets is last year (LY) sales.

What do we need to consider about LY sales activities? Do we need to take into account a country or account's last year's growth rate? This would account for partial year sales from a Country or Account that may have been large enough to skew the result. Or, will we take care of that during the override process by the regional sales executives?

Jared Dolich
ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@JaredDolich 

You need to account for how much of a countries product family sales that an account has previously accounted for.  You must also consider the seasonality of it.  You do not need to consider their previous year's growth rate. 

willridge
Contributor

Hi, I've just started the course and have just been through the process for setting sales targets.

In the Account review process, "Regional Sales Executives can choose to override an Initial Account Sales Target for one or more of their country's accounts".

"When one or more accounts' Initial Sales Target is overridden, the other accounts within the same country will also have adjusted Initial Account Sales Targets in order to maintain the same total Country Sales Target."

What should happen if all of the accounts are overridden? 

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

If should take all of the overridden values.