Cancel calculation

Highlighted
Previous Contributor

Cancel calculation

I really wish there was a cancel-button after I enter a formula and Anaplan starts calculating the result. I sometimes notice I missed an argument or that the output will be the wrong type. As the models grow in size and complexity Im stuck waiting maybe a few minutes knowing that error is gonna hit me in the face soon. I just wish I could hit cancel.
6 REPLIES
Previous Contributor

RE: Cancel calculation

[quote=David Bäckman]I really wish there was a cancel-button after I enter a formula and Anaplan starts calculating the result. I sometimes notice I missed an argument or that the output will be the wrong type. As the models grow in size and complexity Im stuck waiting maybe a few minutes knowing that error is gonna hit me in the face soon. I just wish I could hit cancel.[/quote] I'm not sure if there is any feeback or ETA on this feature, but it is desperately needed.  In my model, it literally said 5 minutes to calculate when I accidently did a circular reference.
Previous Contributor

Yes this would be very useful and would save a lot of time
Previous Contributor

We still haven't heard any feeback on whether this feature is going on the roadmap.  And based on the the upvotes already, it seems that the community is in agreement that this is a critical feature. As my model has grown, I'm now seeing errors taking up to 10+ minutes, for as simple of thing as accidently trying to name a module the same as a dashboard. Yes, in an ideal world I wouldn't make these types of mistakes, but I think that's an unreasonable burden put on the users.  I admit, I'm getting a little frustrated with this productivity killer. It seems like if the cancel feature is too difficult to implement, they can at least reprioritze the the error checking logic when an item is renamed or formula is inputted. For example the naming check, and a simple circular reference check (I understand in some cases it can be complicated) should occur before the rest of the calculation is processed. Thanks, Neil
Previous Contributor

I rasied this very point at the recent London Customer Advisory Board, so hopefully steps will be taken. I suggested a shorter-term solution to remove our name from the message so people don't end up hating us as we force them to stop using the model for the next 6 minutes 30 seconds !!!
New Contributor

Re: RE: Cancel calculation

In our team we try to make fun of this - who is going to freeze Anaplan for the longest time? :)

But to be serious, are there any plans to get rid of this 'feature'? We have 3-4 model builder working on a model at the same time and having to wait such a long time really stops everyone.

New Contributor

Re: Cancel calculation

Totally agree with this. One of our models has a processing time of 5-10 minutes which can be particularly frustrating at high usage times around month end.