London based Anaplan modellers forum (with food, drinks and expertise included!)

Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: London based Anaplan modellers forum (with food, drinks and expertise included!)

I wonder if it would be possible to try and broadcast via webex. I know it's not ideal/not the same but it might be worth trying ?
Contributor

Re: London based Anaplan modellers forum (with food, drinks and expertise included!)

Absolutely!

We can link it up to our webex system so people can dial in easily.

Contributor

Thanks for mentioning the Evening Modellers group idea at yesterday’s event Laurence!

Just to briefly introduce myself, my name is Yugnesh Patel and I’ve mainly been using Anaplan in the Financial Planning & Analysis space - I met a few of you yesterday however unfortunately I couldn’t stay long due to work commitments.

So to recap the idea here is to have a regular evening meet up where us modellers can network, share knowledge, work through real-world Anaplan problems and discuss ideas for getting more out of the platform within our companies. The overarching principle being to have a group “run by Anaplan modellers for the benefit of Anaplan modellers”. Having discussed it with a few people at Anaplan they have agreed to help support it by making available some technical expertise, office space and food and drinks.

Currently the plan is to get something setup for early in the new year however in the mean time I need to get feedback on who would be interested in participating - so far the following people have expressed an interest on this message board: Usman.Zia, NMoore, Richard.Buttivant, Joanne, Anaplan78 and Scorina.

Please could anyone else who is interested in participating post a quick message on this board – that way we can understand the level of interest and move the discussion on to things like format, agenda, dates etc.

Also if you have any colleagues who you think may be interested but aren't on this message board please can you tell them about it.

Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you again for arranging/kicking this off. I have discussed with my fellow model builders and they are interested in attending these events too. The WebEx option might make it more accessible as we are split between London and Birmingham.

Occasional Contributor

I'd definitely be interested in joining if there is the option to dial in via Webex.  I work in deepest darkest Dorset so wouldn't be able to attend in London very frequently but think it sounds like a great idea.

Contributor

Thanks Rich and Sally - having a Webex option is a good idea!

You mentioned some of your colleagues wanted to participate - please can you forward them the link to the mesage board and ask them to post.

Community Boss

I agree webex would make this really accessible to everyone that wants to attend! 

Contributor

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in the Evening Modellers group and to Laurence Di Sotto for the mention in the London User Group email.

If anyone else is interested in participating or has ideas about content/format/etc can you please post them on this message board. Some people mentioned they have colleagues who may be interested - if this is the case please can you remind them to sign up to the message board.

I will post a follow up next week which should allow enough time to gather further interest and start planning for the next stage to help turn this group into a reality in the new year!

Yugnesh

New Contributor

Hi Yugnesh,

I am interested in participating in this group.  Thanks for organising, it will be really useful.  I am based in Reading and could find out about hosting here if you would be interest.

Contributor

Thanks Susan - great to hear you're interested.

At the moment the plan is to host the sessions near Kings Cross. However we will look into having a Webex option which would make your participation easier.

Yugnesh