Frequent Contributor

Add an action card

Page builders can now add action cards to pages.

Action cards contain processes for users to complete.

For example, the action card might contain two buttons — one to import data, and one to process it.

To complete the process, the user just clicks each button in turn.

Learn how to add an action card.

action-card-config.png

Default a card

There' a new setting in Worksheet designer!

This one enables you to default a card to display in the bottom section of your worksheet upon loading.

Page builders can make the most relevant card available to end users upon loading — which means they can get to their work right away!

The initial setting is for card previews only, but we'll also add it for Additional insights links shortly.

default-card.png

Create custom views

This is a new feature for any page builders reading this. You can now tailor and shape your modules for use within the New UX. You no longer need to go back to the original model to create more saved module views. Everything you've already built based on your saved module views will continue to work as before.

Use these tools to make your custom views in the new UX:

View-designer-icons.png

They enable you to pivotfiltersort and show:

• pivot: Use a drag-and-drop interface to place your dimensions on rows, columns or set as context selectors
    View-designer-pivot.png

• filter: Use a combination of different filter rules to enable specific and targeted grids, and easily create data views
    View-designer-filter.png

• sort: Use the same, easy-to-use sort settings that end users have
    View-designer-sort.png

• show: show specifically selected line items or list items to tailor your grid data even more
    View-designer-show&hide.png

We value your input! To leave feedback at any time, click Feedback in the navigation bar, then select Feedback.

10 Comments
Occasional Contributor

Great progress! Will the assign action also be added as an option?

Occasional Contributor

Will we be able to apply a time filter from a master time module? Currently, it looks like we can only apply filters based on line items in the same module

Frequent Contributor

Hi @chenjack.sonos - we're working on this at the moment. It didn't quite make our CPX release but should be there soon.

Hi @david - no current plans to add this just yet - could you share a bit more about the process you're hoping to support?

Occasional Contributor

Hi @davewaller regarding the assign action, I was thinking of a process where consultants are assigned to a project using the assign action. 

Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @davewaller   one of the most common action buttons in Classic DB's is the ability of an end user to add members to a list.   Some of this functionality is there, but for the contributor personnas this is a critical feature.

The Custom View functionality saves so much time and avoids creating extra saved views in the model, it's great! I'm trying to apply conditional formatting to my custom view (saved the formatting I want in the default module view) but it does not seem to be linked... So is there a different way of applying conditional formatting to a custom view? 

Frequent Contributor

Hi @Mark_W_Shemaria - I'll pass this feedback to the teams looking after the build out of the actions support.

Hi @Noemi.andres - Glad to hear the custom views are helping you build more quickly. We haven't quite got support for building conditional formatting rules in the New UX just yet, if you want to use conditional formatting then you still need to use saved module views. We do, however, have plans to build this into the New UX so stay tuned for updates.

is there any easy way to tell when looking at a Page the type of card?     KPI, Worksheet, Grid?

Occasional Contributor

Hi @davewaller 

I currently have a dashboard (please see below) that has two modules published - one as a function of time (e.g. financial data) and one is not (e.g. key static data of a list item) - but they have a common list (being the list used for rows). The difficulty with this set up is that there is no syncing between the two modules or synchronised scrolling. I think synchronised scrolling is "On the Roadmap" but I thought this was being parked as in the NUX there was to be a functionality that would allow me to create a module or grid or worksheet that would have the two sets of data for a common list to be viewed together. Ancillary orderbook_LI.jpg

This is a key functionality for the FPA analysis required so any news would be great.

Many thanks,

Sneha

Frequent Contributor

Hi @Sneha - you're right that we've been looking into how we can better support this type of scenario - nothing in development just yet but definitely the type of problem we'd like the New UX to solve for users.