Dashboard Design (350)

Overview

This class’ intention is to focus on the process of conceptualizing and designing dashboards that are relevant and useable for the end user. Dashboards provide the needed focus on the output of the model, which is important for good model design. You will find this class useful if you want to understand how to design dashboards that meet the needs of each end user role. This class is conceptual and not intended to be a technical "how to" build training.

Topics include:

• Why good dashboard design is important
  • The main types of dashboards
  • Dashboard design concepts
  • Gathering and identifying the correct information
  • Choosing the best components to use
  • Proper dashboard layout
  • Utilizing user feedback and the review process

Class information

This class will take approximatly 50-60 minutes to complete.

The ability to bookmark is currently not available so if you leave a section remember where you were, class navigation is open so you can easily return. 

We strongly recommend you review these classes in the order below.

If desired, full scripts are available in the .zip file (3MB) attached to this article. 

Click on each section to view the video.

Sections:

Dashboard Design Introduction 4:00

Dashboard Types 19:00

Dashboard Design Concepts 9:15

Dashboard Components 10:30

Dashboard Prep 6:15

Dashboard Design and Layout 13:00

Dashboard Review 3:00

We value your feedback! Please kudo if you like the class or feel free to share in the comments below. What did you like? What do you want more explanation around?

Answers

• Hi,

I am building a dashboard where i need to publish list items which get updated dynamically based on the values of the top 3 values of line items .Any way how do i co relate them and make the list item be published on a dashboard and be updated everytime the corresponding top 3 values of line items change.

Thanks,

Kunal

• This is one of the better on-line classes I have taken thus far.  It alerted me to functionality that I have not been exposed to yet and where to go in Anapedia to get more information on it.  The only recommendation I would make, is when conducting a user review for accuracy, you might consider using some 'real time data' so they can validate the functionality is returning the expected results.

@Bob-Bachynsky wrote:
    Overview

This class’ intention is to focus on the process of conceptualizing and designing dashboards that are relevant and useable for the end user. Dashboards provide the needed focus on the output of the model, which is important for good model design. You will find this class useful if you want to understand how to design dashboards that meet the needs of each end user role. This class is conceptual and not intended to be a technical "how to" build training.

Topics include:

• Why good dashboard design is important
    • The main types of dashboards
    • Dashboard design concepts
    • Gathering and identifying the correct information
    • Choosing the best components to use
    • Proper dashboard layout
    • Utilizing user feedback and the review process

Class information

This class will take approximatly 50-60 minutes to complete.

The ability to bookmark is currently not available so if you leave a section remember where you were, class navigation is open so you can easily return. 

We strongly recommend you review these classes in the order below.

If desired, full scripts are available in the .zip file (3MB) attached to this article. 

Click on each section to view the video.

Sections: Dashboard Design Introduction 4:00 Dashboard Types 19:00 Dashboard Design Concepts 9:15 Dashboard Components 10:30 Dashboard Prep 6:15 Dashboard Design and Layout 13:00 Dashboard Review 3:00

We value your feedback! Please kudo if you like the class or feel free to share in the comments below. What did you like? What do you want more explanation around?

• This tutorial is very insightful as it dwells deeply into the intricacies of proper dashboard building. Very much recommended for a beginner!