Audience: Model Builders

Summary:In this course, you will learn the foundational Anaplan concepts and technical model building skills that you need to constructively participate in an Anaplan implementation. This is a hands-on course; where you will build a Finance model for Unicorn Candy Company.    This course is supported by over 50 micro-lessons (5-10 minutes in length) on an assortment of topics to help you build your first model.

Course Objectives: By the end of this class, you’ll be able to:

• Identify the elements of DISCO (Data, Input, System, Calculation, and Output) in a model schema. 
  • Build a model in Anaplan that includes modules, lists, line items and hierarchies. 
  • Import data into a model. 
  • Construct formulas and functions to calculate data and reference modules. 
  • Build end user dashboards that include grids, charts, and lists. 
  • Assign role-based model access permissions.

The online version of this course will take about 25-30 hours to complete.

Start the Course!  

There is also an Instructor Led version of this course that takes 3 days. 

You can sign up to take a class here.

0 Kudos
Comments

Thanks for launching an awesome course and e-learning program. It is a great help and fast-tracks building an Anaplan skillset. 

Hi @ChrisMullen,

I might missed something but when I wanted to tackle task: "Publish REV02 Volume Inputs Module to Dashboard" I had no view created.

Have I missed something or there is no coverage in Training materials regarding same?

Edit: Is that intended ;)?

Thanks from top for your answer,

Kind regards,

Arek

@arkhad8965    There is no need to modify this module in a view before you publish.  If you have further questions, please post them in the Academy Forums.    That way others can see it if they have a similar issue.  

Thanks,

Chris 

Hi

@ChrisMullen Is there a version of the completed model available to double check my work as I go along? Having just got very stuck with the SYS08 module uploading and found the solutions (eventually) in community I am now not sure if what I have managed to upload is correct or not and don't want to get stuck further down the line if it is still wrong. 

@Scorina     You do have an example model that you could download in the beginning of the course.  It is in Part 1 under Example Model Exploration.  This is the model you will be building out so you can check against it.   Just click the highlighted link and it will download a model into the selected workspace.  

ChrisMullen_1-1577975358629.png

Thank you @ChrisMullen . I had already downloaded it, but failed to identify the name I gave the example model (the perils of trying to do training over a vast number of weeks) and didn't recognize it when I opened it as a possible as the contents section is more complete. I'm blaming the Christmas break.

@ChrisMullen In the Level 1 Model Writing course, the sales department is shown to have a commission % in the Employees.csv file.  In the employee expense drivers .csv, this commission is not mentioned again; instead there is a bonus% - for Sales as well as other departments.  When calculating the total employee expenses, only bonus amounts are requested, never commissions.  Is there an explanation for this, as I believe it is affecting my answers in the certification test?

@DConner   The commissions column in that file is not related to the exam.  It is given to show how to ignore a line item in an import or, if you do not ignore it, the message you receive when data in a file is not mapped.     When calculating your bonus in the exam, make sure you are using the updated assumption module and providing the correct mappings.  Another common mistake I see with the bonus line item is not properly multiplying the salary.    Hope this helps and good luck!  

John Smith.PNG

@ChrisMullen : Is this a typo in Part 4 (On numbered lists video). I don't see two items with the same name :-).

Good morning

@ChrisMullen I can't download the model as described in your message.

The link leads to my Anaplan homepage, not to the Anaplan Hub

Philippe_0-1585560845648.png

thank you and take care

Philippe

@Philippe         We are aware of the issue and we are working on fixing it now.  Please open a ticket by emailing Academy@anaplan.com and they will be able to let you know when the problem is resolved.  

@ChrisMullen thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Frankly speaking, I had already done it before posting this message 😉 as I discover little by little the community environment.

Contributors
Latest Articles
The Anaplan Way On Demand
On-Demand Courses
a week ago
a week ago
2 weeks ago
New UX: Create a Form
On-Demand Courses
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago