March 10, 2018 Release Discussion

Do you have feedback on the the March 10, 2018 Anaplan platform release? Share your thoughts below!

Click the Reply button below to post.

Answers

• Great that "Time Ranges" are finally arriving! When will it be possible to make models mixing both weeks and months time scales? Would be very useful for customers planning at week level their first 3 months and then planning at a monthly level for the rest of the year...

• Hi,

Do we have limit on maximum number of cell for quick sum calculations?

Thanks

Ravi

• Hi,

As part of upcoming features and phase, we can see dynamic access is also in ready to release phase but it is not part of upcoming list. Are we expecting the below feature in March 10 release? Can someone confirm?

Dynamic Cell Access

Users will be able to dynamically control both read-only and write access to cell (line item) data for any combination of dimensions in a given output model. This will be available for all users, as well as on a per-user basis.

Thanks

• Hi,

The below feature will add value in modeling by considering model size in mind. One clarification is, If i change my access to the user list as no access, will i be able to input data to the module which is having users as dimension or it will show as no access message like regular selective access?

Users List Users list shows all users when positioned as a dimension

We're introducing a handy warning message that appears if you set a user to 'No access' and the Users list is a dimension. This warning will help to avoid situations where line item data associated with the user is deleted from every module that has the Users list as a dimension.

WarningNoAccessNew.png

• Hi @manchiravi

Thank you for reaching out! To clarify, Dynamic Cell Access is still in development. It will be available only to a very small set of customers for Early Access as we continue to enhance it before making this feature generally available.

We have gone ahead and updated the 'Upcoming Features' page to reflect this info as well. Appreciate you pointing it out.

Best,

Trisha

Customer Experience (CX) Strategist

• This is a most welcomed and delayed improvement.

I can easily say that this is the most wanted feature after the copying of the modules.

I am also looking forward for the promised list filters which was cancelled in January.

Also looking for basic features like today (date) in Anaplan.

I have a big list but would also welcome the copy of a list as a prioority after the list filter.

• Hi,

Dashboard quick access tool bar is not available in EY models and also checked in Unilever models. Please validate and let us know if i am looking at worng place.

Capture.JPG

• Hi,

Sorry for confusions, Bydefault tool bar options are disable and we need to enable for each dashboard element to see

Dashboard Quick Access Toolbar.

Thanks

• Time ranges are going to be great will reduce some of our models down instantly. Looking forward to implementing it!

And nice to have the quick sum bit...

• Hi, We are experiencing error in inputting in values in a line item fromatted as percentage. See attachment. Even if we followed the instruction we still could not enter the values. All other functions are working. It's just in this specfic line item format.

• Adding a hotkey for Search is great but why did you delete this option from the right mouse button context menu (please see screenshot) Users now complain that there is no fast way to run Search function. Quick toolbar is displayed only after user clicks on the tabls and it is yet to be added (by default quick toolbar is turned off). So users have hard time searching in big modules and are forced to use Upper left corner menu to find Search there.

Untitled.png

• Hi Ravi

The User list is a special list and you cannot set or amend access to it directly; you'll note it does not appear in the General Lists setting where you would set Selective Access; it is automaticaly set and currently you have access to yourself. The users list is a subset of the total users in the workspace, and only includes those with access.  Setting No Access will remove access from the model in it's entirety as well as any data stored against modules dimensioned by user.

If your access is set to No Access, you won't be able to enter anything becasue you not dno't have access to the model at all, however, you cannot set yourself to No Access

Hope this helps

David

• Hi Ravi,
    Yes. Calculation limits for the Quick Sum Bar are documented in the Quick Sum Bar article in Anapedia. Quick Sum Bar
    Let me know if you think any information is missing.
    Thanks,
    Daniel
  • Thanks for the suggestion, and agree that making Time Ranges more granular (i.e. below year) would be very helpful.  The challenge was how to treat totals when the time range is less that the normal sum.  For example, what would you show are Qtr1 is the time range was Feb and Mar?  That is why Time Ranges were released with Year boundaries initially, so we could get this very useful feature out.

We are looking at merging grids together so you could have a module by week and a module by month "merged" together so they look like one grid

I hope that helps

David

• Hi Ravi,
    When used as a dimension of a module, the Users list doesn't contain any users who are assigned to the No Access role. The purpose of the No Access role is to control overall model access, not access to the Users list.
    I hope this helps a bit!
    Daniel
  • @andrewtye

Great news.

I've put together some details of things to look out for and best practices here.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Shared-Best-Practices/Time-Range-Application/ta-p/30479

Aside from the Anapedia notes, I would recommend reading it before diving straight in

Cheers

David 

• Brilliant release!

Time Ranges will revolutionise modelling and the Quick sum will help to reduce "dump to Excel"!!!

User Filters, Time Ranges and forthcoming Dynamic Selective Access are game changers 

• @Dennis_Lucanas

I have nt been able to re-create this, so I suggest you contact our support team so they can fully investigate it for you.  You can either email support@anaplan.com, but we are now encouraging users to log the cases through the Case Portal

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Support-Discussions/Accessing-Case-Portal/m-p/30189#M11

I hope it gets sorted for you

David

• Hi David,

Thank you for the prompt feedback. Sorry for this. I'll post my concern in the Case Portal . Thanks again.

• No apology needed,  We want you have all issues solved as soon as possible and our Support is best placed to help you

David

• Yes there is a limit to the number of cells the quick sum can calculate. You can think of this loosely as 10,000 cells but it does depend on other factors such as whether a grid is nested or the type of selection used in the calculation. When there are too many cells selected you will be given an insufficient data warning. The intention is this feature is used for smaller scale on the fly calculation.

• The search was removed from the context menu as it becomes more redundant with the addition of the short cut key and the quick access toolbar. It also didn't search the context of the column so it was felt it was confusing.
    We understand there will be a transition period while the new toolbar is enabled but we didn't want it on by default in case it caused changes with dashboard layout. Newly published grid will have the toolbar on by default.
  • The new Introduction to Time Ranges course has been posted to the Training area of the Anaplan Community. Learn more about Time Ranges in just 10-20 minutes!

• Hi Ravi,

Yes, there is a limit to the cell count calculation and it is 1000. Also, attached a snapshot for your reference. I like this feature.

Regards,

Adithya S

•  Hi Anaplan team,

The personal view feature is a great feature to have. Although, I noticed that the personal view would be reverted to master view once any changes are made to the master view of a dashboard. Hoping that it would at least retain the applicable filters. Cell count feature, thumbs up, dashboard toolbar feature, great addition and much needed.

• Hi Adithya,
    Thanks for the feedback, it has been a much requested enhancement. In order to get the feature released sooner we had to take that decision as merging in changes is a complicated process. We asked over 60 customers at CAB and through other mechanism and the decision was unanimous that the time to market over rode this limitation. It significantly improves the current experience where all selections/filters/pivots are lost on session time. There are processes you can build around it such as updating dashboards on a monthly basis so users are aware of it. Alternatively you could take a copy of a dashboard and re-point users at the new version. This way they can make their default selections over a period of time.
  • Important to note the quick access toolbar has to be enabled for each module published across all dashboards.

• Hello All,

Actually I have a comment on the March 24th release but the comments are not turned on on that thread, so I post here 🙂

Has anyone noticed some language, currency or date format changes after the update?

My entire system is set to english (web browser, windows, keyboard) but Anaplan now displays all menus in french...weird!

• True as seen dump to excel and now can advise my customers to use time ranges and sum instead - Great release indeed