March 10, 2018 Release Discussion

Community Manager

March 10, 2018 Release Discussion

Do you have feedback on the the March 10, 2018 Anaplan platform release? Share your thoughts below!

Click the Reply button below to post.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
New Contributor

Re: March 10, 2018 Release Discussion

Great that "Time Ranges" are finally arriving! When will it be possible to make models mixing both weeks and months time scales? Would be very useful for customers planning at week level their first 3 months and then planning at a monthly level for the rest of the year...

Message 2 of 30
Community Boss

Thanks for the suggestion, and agree that making Time Ranges more granular (i.e. below year) would be very helpful.  The challenge was how to treat totals when the time range is less that the normal sum.  For example, what would you show are Qtr1 is the time range was Feb and Mar?  That is why Time Ranges were released with Year boundaries initially, so we could get this very useful feature out.

We are looking at merging grids together so you could have a module by week and a module by month "merged" together so they look like one grid

I hope that helps

David

Message 3 of 30
Contributor

Hi,

Do we have limit on maximum number of cell for quick sum calculations?

Thanks

Ravi

Ravi
Message 4 of 30
Frequent Contributor

Hi Ravi,
Yes. Calculation limits for the Quick Sum Bar are documented in the Quick Sum Bar article in Anapedia. Quick Sum Bar
Let me know if you think any information is missing.
Thanks,
Daniel
Message 5 of 30
Expert

Yes there is a limit to the number of cells the quick sum can calculate. You can think of this loosely as 10,000 cells but it does depend on other factors such as whether a grid is nested or the type of selection used in the calculation. When there are too many cells selected you will be given an insufficient data warning. The intention is this feature is used for smaller scale on the fly calculation.

Message 6 of 30
Contributor

Hi Ravi,

Yes, there is a limit to the cell count calculation and it is 1000. Also, attached a snapshot for your reference. I like this feature.

Regards,

Adithya S

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 30
Contributor

Hi,

As part of upcoming features and phase, we can see dynamic access is also in ready to release phase but it is not part of upcoming list. Are we expecting the below feature in March 10 release? Can someone confirm?

Dynamic Cell Access

Users will be able to dynamically control both read-only and write access to cell (line item) data for any combination of dimensions in a given output model. This will be available for all users, as well as on a per-user basis.

Thanks

Ravi
Message 8 of 30
Frequent Contributor

Hi @manchiravi

Thank you for reaching out! To clarify, Dynamic Cell Access is still in development. It will be available only to a very small set of customers for Early Access as we continue to enhance it before making this feature generally available.

We have gone ahead and updated the 'Upcoming Features' page to reflect this info as well. Appreciate you pointing it out.

Best,

Trisha

Customer Experience (CX) Strategist

Message 9 of 30
Contributor

Hi,

The below feature will add value in modeling by considering model size in mind. One clarification is, If i change my access to the user list as no access, will i be able to input data to the module which is having users as dimension or it will show as no access message like regular selective access?

Users List Users list shows all users when positioned as a dimension

We're introducing a handy warning message that appears if you set a user to 'No access' and the Users list is a dimension. This warning will help to avoid situations where line item data associated with the user is deleted from every module that has the Users list as a dimension.

WarningNoAccessNew.png

Ravi
Message 10 of 30