May 7, 2019 Quick Filter and Sort Release Discussion

Community Manager

May 7, 2019 Quick Filter and Sort Release Discussion

Do you have feedback on the May 7, 2019 Quick Filter and Sort release? Share your thoughts below!

Click the Reply button below to post.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: May 7, 2019 Quick Filter and Sort Release Discussion

Will this function automatically appear on dashboards? And do Admins have the ability to turn this on/off?

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Expert

The Quick Filter will appear automatically for all dashboard grids. So it is available for all users. You can't turn off the Quick Filter but you can still turn off the existing standard filter via the dashboard designer settings.
Message 3 of 8
New Contributor

The Quick Filter selection box doesn't re-size, meaning I can't always de-select items, can this be fixed please?

Capture.PNG

For info, I'm using Chrome v74.0.3729.131 at 1366x768 screen resolution.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Expert

You can select the item you want to remove and click the backspace key to remove.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I just got a call from a end-user that used the quick filter the first time. We mentioned that the quick filter limits the selectable options to only available list items in the already filtered module. See the below picture where the list filter would also show other list items like 'MLE'. This is nice if you know it, but also confusing. The user that just called me was panicking because he thought that data had been deleted. Maybe it's good to make it a bit more explicit in the documentation. I had to watch the release notes to understand this rule.

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 8
Expert

Thanks for feedback we will make this more explicit in the documentation.
Message 7 of 8
Community Boss

Can I just add that if you are using the quick filter to filter on attributes, make sure that you use the correct dimensionality for these line items.  Often these attributes do not vary by other dimensions, so ensure the 'applies to' dimensions are set correctly for maximum efficiency of calculations

David

Message 8 of 8