Community Manager

The first Anaplan platform release of 2018 is here! Review our new product enhancements that are sure to optimize your navigation and increase your productivity in the platform.

Navigating Anaplan

The options and menus you commonly work with in the platform have been streamlined into a new header bar. Now, you can quickly access the Application menu, identify the name of the model you’re in, and even review your notifications when workspaces are full or nearly full from anywhere in the platform.

Note: The new navigation features are being released in phases for Anaplan customers. As a result, the new navigation features may not be available for all customers at the time of this release.

NavBar1.png

Current User Filter

As a follow-up to the new Users list, a Current User filter may now be applied within the platform. This handy, new filter option defaults to the currently logged in user, and displays data and records directly related to that user.

Current User Filter.png

See the Current User Filter here: 

See more: Current User Filter

Bring Your Own Key (BYOK)

A new Reassign Key button has been added to the Encrypted Workspaces page. Clicking this button allows Encryption Administrators to easily apply new encryption keys to your organization’s workspaces.

BYOK_ReassignKeyBtnLocn.png

Learn more about BYOK and the new Reassign Key button in the Bring Your Own Key User Guide. 

Cell History by Date Range

The Show History menu now includes the Date Range option, which allows you to view cell changes within a specific date range. This new option complements the other Show History options, which include Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, Last 30 days, and All.

release-notes_show-cell-history-date-range-context-menu.png

See how this new option functions here:

Learn more about the Show History options in the History Anapedia article.

Close Button on the Dashboard Toolbar

The button formerly labeled as Cancel on the dashboard toolbar has been re-labeled to Close. This re-labeled button more accurately represents a user exiting the dashboard toolbar editor mode, and displays a Save & Publish window when clicked, which includes options to Save or Discard new changes when they have not yet been saved.

Close1.pngClose2.png

Copy & Paste in the Context Menu

Copy and Paste options have been added to the Context Menu within grids in modules and dashboards. Users may select Copy from the Context Menu to copy up to 10,000 cells. Selecting Paste from the Context Menu reminds users of the keyboard shortcuts that are applicable to your operating system for pasting your data.

CopyPasteContext2.png  CopyPasteContext4.png

See more: Keyboard ShortcutsDashboard Menus

Reference Columns in Settings Grids

Many new reference columns have been added to Model Settings screens, such as General Lists, Modules, and Actions. These new columns will specifically help model builders with streamlining efforts by aiding them in quickly identifying dependencies within models.

These new columns are categorized by “Referenced” and “Used” naming conventions, which indicate hard and soft dependencies, respectively.

APGeneralLists.png

Limitation Removed from RANK Function

There is no longer a limit of 10,000 for the number of groups that the RANK function will process. This enhancement removes the need for workarounds when using the RANK function with groups.

Learn more about the RANK function in the RANK and RANKCUMULATE Anapedia articles.

DocuSign for Anaplan

Version 1.4 of the DocuSign for Anaplan integration is now available. This release includes several fixes for the initial General Availability (GA) release.

Note: DocuSign for Anaplan is available only to Premium and Enterprise customers with a Business DocuSign plan or higher.

See More: What's New: DocuSign for Anaplan Version 1.4

Numbered List on Configure Tab

You can now mark a list as a numbered list on the Configure tab.

image2018-2-13_11-46-26.png

See more: Lists

Other Changes

A new Managed By column has been added to:

• Model Settings > General Lists.
  • Model Settings > Modules.
  • The Configure tab of lists.

The following new columns have been added to Blueprint and Model Settings > Modules:

• Read Access Control
  • Read+Write Access Control

These columns are reserved for future use and not available for editing.

Issues Resolved

The following issues are resolved in this release:

Ticket Number/s
Issue Description
78716, 7956, 8095, 81073

If a role was deleted and then synced to a compatible production model in which it was assigned to a user, the production model no longer opened.

72273, 72280, 72664, 78857

Models could become unresponsive if the character encoding of an import file was different from that specified in the File Import Action. A message is now displayed.

If a module's dimensions included a list containing a list subset, making these changes caused a sync error:

1. Select the list subset as a dimension of the module.
  2. Add a new filter to the module.
  3. Save as the default view.
7800, 7944 When you compared two revision tags, all list properties and line items formatted as Time were listed in the Comparison Report.
7786, 78235

The width of the revision tag Description column wasn't sufficient if the browser window was resized.

7765, 79342

Making these changes caused a sync error:

1. Change the function on a list-formatted line item.
  2. Mark the list above as a production list.

Sync error related to changing the list format of a line item.

When importing data between modules where a line item in the source module was renamed, data matching was based on the name of the old line item.

Changes to Breakback status were not synced as expected if you:

1. Selected a list subset as a dimension of a module.
  2. Enabled or disabled Breakback for one or more line items in the module.

If a SELECT function referenced a parent list that has a child production list, creating a model from a revision caused an error.

If the same saved export definition name was used when exporting module A followed by module B, and module A was then deleted, the saved Export Action was no longer available in Model Settings > Actions.

Making these changes caused a sync error:

1. Create a list subset in an existing production list that's referenced by a SELECT function.
  2. Add the list subset to a module's dimensions.
72166, 72189, 72292, 74380, 75925, 76012, 76404, 76590, 78230, 78411, 78907, 79884

Models could become unresponsive if closed from the Manage Tasks tab in Model Management while one or more large imports or exports were running. This required Anaplan Support to perform a core restart.

72260, 72259 Models could become unresponsive during imports, which required Anaplan Support to perform a core restart.
67733, 74173 

In some circumstances, importing data across workspaces failed if the resources of the source model were limited by long-running activities performed via the Anaplan API.

If a line item formula was changed to reference a different line item, the Comparison Report showed IDs instead of names for both line items.

57981, 61266, 61504, 61964, 63826, 66504, 66670, 67883, 69051, 69365, 69550, 70175, 70375, 70430, 71067, 2912, 2913, 5078, 5525, 7962, 8253, 8643, 79020, 79332, 79484

Models could become unresponsive if you tried to run an import Action to which your role does not grant you access. A message is now displayed.

24200, 75168

In modules that contain large lists (for example, 20 million items) with no top level item, the model could become unresponsive when you sorted by line item.

44016, 44294 Tabular multiple column exports failed for modules with empty rows (no line items or dimensions on rows).
77864, 77872, 77908, 77977, 78249, 78261, 78670, 78928, 79122, 80464, 80918, 81296 When a line item has different dimensions than the module, the wrong list is displayed when filtering.
- When adding an encryption key, you are not prevented from entering an invalid Key Alias.
45073, 57046 The SAML logout URL was not being redirected correctly, resulting in the ADFS logout page not being displayed.
77674 Glossary of audit log encryption events required in the BYOK User Guide.
- The Access Control - Policies page does not show the "Process Owner Policy" when logged in as a Tenant Admin.

Known Issues and Workarounds

Known issues and workarounds have been identified following this release.

Learn more in the Known Issues and Workarounds: February 10, 2018 article within the Anaplan Support Knowledge Base

13 Comments
Certified Master Anaplanner

Great update especially with respect to reference columns. Would like to see "Reference by Filter/Conditional Formatting" in the future releases.

Also, I see the model names are now missing from the browser tabs, which was a pretty useful feature available till recently.

Hi,

I'm going to review almost every feature, I might update/add to this post as I go along :

1) One thing I noticed that I was expecting to find under "Other changes" :

Other than the new column "Managed by", did Anaplan also added  other columns under Model Settings>Modules>"Modules" and "Line Items" ?

I'm not sure that "Read Access Control" and "Read&Write Access Control" were already there ?

2) Notifications button on the top right hand-side corner :

Is the Workspace notifcation alert a new feature? Is the threshold set/amendable anywhere ? 
I'm currently seeing the message : "Sorry, we can't retrieve all of your notifications. Please try again later." .

Not sure what the message migth relate to. As an observation : the message doesn't fit within the message window.

3) Are there any performance issues ? When running the export grid from model settings > Line Items, the time taken to run the export process doesn't match the actual demand : 800 records only. I'm going to raise a separate ticket with support

Thanks,

Super Contributor

Adding some of the reference columns (definitely not "many" as you claim) is a good start. Still there are no references for:

• the line items that are used as filters in saved views/dashboards;
  • the line items that are used in tables in saved views/dashboards;
  • the line items that are used in graphs in saved dashboards;
  • the list properties that are used in formulas in a single place. Currently we have to run through each and every list to find those;
  • the IDSs that are created based on the saved views/modules/lists (including the IDSs in other models);
  • the line items that are used in "delete from list" actions.
New Contributor

Seems like a performance issue has been introduced with this release that occurs after clicking the Modules menu in settings. 

Everything is working fine until you click on the Modules menu in settings.  After that, model performance becomes significantly degraded throughout.  If you close out of the model and re-open it, performance returns to normal until you go click on the modules menu again.  Not sure if this is related to the new reference columns that were introduced, as performance on the modules menu itself is also significantly degraded since this release.

New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for all the enhancements in the new platform release.

We have experienced the same issue as stephenp587 mentioned above.

When you click on the Modules menu in settings it gets slow and there is a blue box showing saying "Open" and after that another blue box appears saying "The system is currently processing changes by user ...".

Within the Modules menu again, the same happens when you open the Line Items tab for the first time and when you click Refresh both in the Modules and Line Items tab.

It looks like it gets slower the more modules you have in a model but it's still slow even with a few modules.

Many thanks

New Contributor

Good Morning,

I cannot seem to clear my notifications by marking them as read even though I've opened them. Also the new navigation bar has shifted the screen size of a lot of our dashboards causing a user to now scroll down to view what was once on a single screen.

Community Manager

A follow-up to this platform release has been posted to the Platform Releases blog. Please see February 10 Anaplan Maintenance Advisory for more details. 

New Contributor

Greater than 10,000 cells copied would be great.  Google sheets accepts up to 2 million cells.

@KayneSchwarz The new navigation bar looks very slick, but the clickable area to go back to the Launchpad is way too big, I've accidentally clicked it multiple times. It's also redundant with the Launchpad available in the hamburger menu, as is the model name linking to the model you're already in. Personally, I'd like to see both hyperlinks removed. Could you please pass this feedback along to the UX team?

Contributor

I agree, the drop-down "hamburger menu" is sufficient, it is too easy to click on the model name or worse the Anaplan logo and bouncing a person back to the tiles or model list and lose one's place in the model.  

I do not care for the hamberger menu. It does give me access to a couple of Administration and App Hub which was not easy before. What is also does is require an extra click to get to the model selection. I change models all the time. I almost never go to Admin or App Hub. For me, it is better to have the hyper link available. It is never better to add a click to my most frequent menu choice.

Occasional Contributor

Hi @dan_ossmann Please try clicking the logo in the middle of the new navigation. This will take you back to your Anaplan home page where you can access all of your models, without having to click into the hamburger menu. 

right you are Monica. I was kind of responding to derek_chen and wlederer_1. they each suggested that the hyper link attached to the logo should be removed and i disagree.