Reporting dashboards provide the ability to do immediate/at-a-glance analysis of planning activities.
- Provide real-time collaboration on the plan across the user community
- Use same best practices as planning dashboard; de-clutter, highlight exceptions, main display grid versus informative data grid, commentaries
- Dashboard content flow
- One key analysis per dashboard
- Should be used when a global context must be set for the entire dashboard; i.e. time period or territory
- Page selectors should be ordered based on usage and should be consistent across dashboards
- Chart panels
- Display grid (below charts)
- Color coding
- Navigation to instructions where necessary
- Dynamic navigation in the plan across the hierarchies (i.e., click on a level 1 item in one grid, will display relevant L2s and below)
Below is an example taken from a customer POC with two synced grids and associated chart panels with color coding.
Notice that displaying when the data was last refreshed is a popular technique, especially if dashboards are refreshed daily or weekly.