Welcome! Get started here

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Welcome! Get started here

Hello, and welcome to the Software & Technology User Group!

We’re glad you’re here. We (your group facilitators) are here to help you as best as we can, so please reach out at any time. Use the Forum to ask questions and start new discussion topics. You can also tag us on a post or send us a private Community message.

Meanwhile, please take a moment here to introduce yourself to the rest of the group. Since introductions can sometimes feel a little awkward, here are a few questions to help you get started: 

• How did you find the Anaplan Community?
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment and how can this group assist you?
  • What goals do you have for your participation in this group?

— Ashwin Iyer (@ashwiniyer), Mike Jorgensen (@mikejorg), and Tiffany Rice (@Tiffany.Rice)

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Welcome! Get started here

@Tiffany.Rice thank you for getting us started! I'm excited to be part of this user group.

A little bit about me: I've been working with Anaplan since around 2015, but have been getting more deeply involved over the last 18 months. I'm in an FP&A role, and most of my model building activities are focused on expense planning. I have a few projects right now related to enhanced workforce planning and expense governance.

My primary goal as one of the User Group leaders is to help facilitate discussion and help out in any way I can. One of the things I love most about the Anaplan platform is its ability to adapt to custom solutions. I really want to foster a sense of community that helps expose us to new ways of using the tool.

All the best,

Mike

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

WelcomeMasterAnaplanner.jpgHi Everyone in the Software and Technology Anaplan Group! I'm Jared Dolich.

Thought I would introduce myself - very excited to be part of the conversation.

My passion has always been focused squarely on the retail industry (30+ years) but I've found there is a significant merging of use-cases between technology and retail. In fact, even right now, I find myself working at a client that is focused on software.

I know we're in good hands with @Tiffany.Rice@mikejorg, and @ashwiniyer - looking forward to getting involved!

Contact Info:

Jared Dolich

Send me an Anaplan Text to @JaredDolich 

Email | jdolich@columbusconsulting.com 

LinkedIn

Anaplan User's Profile #22354

Jared Dolich
Highlighted

Welcome @JaredDolich!  Thrilled to have you join our group.  Your point around the merging of use cases I think is a testament to the power of the platform, with Anaplan you don't have to be just one thing.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi everyone! I've included my introduction below:

How did you find the Anaplan Community?
I revisited the Software & Technology group forum after listening to an interview in which Sarah Roberts briefly mentioned the group “Higher Education & Public Sector”. There’s a good amount of engagement in that group, and I’d enjoy the benefits of that in this group! 🙂

What specifically are you working on at the moment and how can this group assist you?
Right now, I’m working on a tool that helps reconcile budgeted revenue to actual revenue. While there isn’t anything I specifically need help with, it is interesting to learn about how others in the industry have approached reconciling budget vs actual ASC 606 revenue.

What goals do you have for your participation in this group?
Things that would be nice to see in this group:

- Learning about projects that others are working on
- Learning if anyone has tapped into the engineering resources at their companies to see how The Anaplan Way correlates with software development.
- Learning where your Anaplan team sits: what part of the organization? What's the size of your organization vs the size of your Anaplan team?

- What type of models do you currently have and what future models are in your roadmap/honeycomb?

I imagine a lot of us have similar challenges and solutions in common and some online or virtual chats could benefit all of us!

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Nice intro @nicole.johnson . Welcome!

For those that may not be familiar with ASC 606 (I had to look this up!), this is a standard by which companies recognize revenue. This should be a very, very interesting use-case!

Jared Dolich
Highlighted

@nicole.johnson  Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself!

Love all your ideas for engagement/participation!  Feel free to throw a topic out within the forum to start a dialogue.