Ask a QuestionGet answers to platform specific questions from Anaplanners everywhere.
Suggest an IdeaShare ideas for platform improvements, training, the Community, and more.
Get Training HelpComplete your training with support from the experts.
Contribute ContentWorkshop content, submit for approval, and contribute best practices to the Community.
Connect with CommunityShare feedback, ask questions, and get support from the Community.
Your Anaplan journey is an evolving path filled with new product updates, innovative processes, and increasing business value. Along the way, you’ll surely face some challenges, but there’s no planning that cannot be connected as long as you have an adaptable strategy and knowledge of the right Anaplan best practices.
We’ve highlighted just a few best practices that will help you start off your Anaplan implementation on the right foot. Sourced from Anaplan’s Operational Excellence Group - whose role is to create standard methodologies and repeatable processes for successful implementation of Anaplan – as well as our Master Anaplanners - technical experts that represent the top 1% of Anaplan users - these guidelines are tried and true.
Click into each practice below to get in-depth guidance on how to leverage these recommendations for your own organization.
Architecture and Set-Up
- Single Sign On (SSO): Leverage Anaplan Single Sign-on (SSO) capabilities to place user authentication entirely under your control.
- Data Integration: Keep these guidelines in mind as you evaluate the steps to take to manage and prepare your data for integration processes.
- Data Hubs: Learn more about how data hubs – an enabler of more efficient and accurate data management – can be used and if they are right for your organization.
- Application Lifecycle Management: Effectively manage the development, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of applications in Anaplan using our Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) functionality.
- Performance, Logical, Auditable, Necessary, Sustainable (PLANS): Understand the principles of good model design, including a systematic set of standards for model building on the platform with our official “Planual.”
- Data, Input, Calculation, Output, System (DISCO): Learn more about the DISCO approach to best organize and plan the modules for an Anaplan model
You are now empowered with our most popular best practices for new Anaplan customers, but there are even more useful tips and tricks to take advantage of as you continue to grow your Anaplan ecosystem. Keep in-the-know by subscribing to the Best Practices page (click Options > Subscribe) so you are notified of the latest guidance, and if you can’t find tips on what you’re looking for, participate in the discussion forums for even more support.