Ask a QuestionGet answers to platform specific questions from Anaplanners everywhere.
Suggest an IdeaShare ideas for platform improvements, training, the Community, and more.
Get Training HelpComplete your training with support from the experts.
Contribute ContentWorkshop content, submit for approval, and contribute best practices to the Community.
Connect with CommunityShare feedback, ask questions, and get support from the Community.
Anaplan allows for multiple tenants (also known as Customer) across the enterprise to set up new environments quickly and efficiently. Below is a high-level visualization of the different roles and processes that need to take place in order for your workspace to be successful.
01: Workspace Creation
- Anaplan Support creates your workspace(s) in tenant (Customer)
02: First User Creation
- Anaplan Support adds initial User(s) from the Customer, and grants Workspace Admin
- Customers: Let your Customer Success Business Partner know who the Tenant Admin should be (this role is similar to a product or system admin). Anaplan Support will then assign the role
03: Workspace Admin (WSA)/Tenant Admin (TA) Invite Their Team
- Workspace Admins create new Workspace/Model User(s) and define roles
- Tenant Admins can assign other Users as:
- Additional Tenant Admins
- Tenant Security Admin or Tenant Auditor
04: WSA Build Models
- Workspace Admins (or Model Building WSAs) build Models within the Workspaces they have access to and connect data between multiple Workspaces
- Non-Admin Users can run imports between Workspaces or Models within the same Workspace if they have the correct access rights in both Models/Workspaces.
05: TA Configures & Manages Workspace
- Grant “Page Builder” role to other Users to build UX Apps and Pages
- Manage users and model categories across all of the workspaces in your organization.
- Get a quick overview of all the Users, Models, and Workspaces in the organization. For any given user, you can look up the list of models and workspaces that user has access to.
- Look up a User and remove (or reinstate) their access to Anaplan. This is useful when an employee or contractor leaves (or rejoins) your organization.
- Import/configure other Tenant-level features (e.g. Importing a CA Certificate for Certificate Based Integration)
- New features coming include self-service reports on Workspace usage and users on UX
06: TSA Configures SSO
- Tenant Security Admin configures Self Service SSO
Licensed for the Anaplan Audit feature? You'll have the ability to view:
- Encryption logs — available if your organization uses Bring Your Own Key (BYOK).
- User activity audit logs — available if your organization has access to Anaplan Audit.
- Access control audit logs — available if your organization has access to Anaplan Audit.
- Connection management audit logs — available if your organization uses single sign-on (SSO)