AMA: Anaplan on Anaplan User Groups Live!

2»

Comments

• Love that when I change the name of a field it changes everywhere....I no longer have to live with a name that no longer makes sense.

import from Excel, load & chart by generic week #, easy dynamic date filtering on charts....more chart formating options, more formatting options in general, ability to copy modules across models, ability to see which fields are being used by a field (like Excel)....sorry you just wanted one <sheepish grin> 

• Which formula can I use to determine if a value exists in a property of a list.

Example:

I have a list Emp, which has a Email property. I need to find if "abc@a.com" exists.

• >> Which formula can I use to determine if a value exists in a property of a list.

>> Example:

>> I have a list Emp, which has a Email property. I need to find if "abc@a.com" exists.

Hi abinchen, you can use [lookup:, textlist:] combination

for example you have Emp list with two properties: Emai and One (which has number format and always equal to 1)

In your module you have EmailToSearch line item, which contains email to search

Formula should look like: IF Emp.One[lookup:EmailToSearch,textlist:Emp.Emai]>0 THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE

• Hi @abinchen,

There are a few ways to accomplish your request.  For ease of reference, I created a module and provided some examples.  My guess is you probably tried to use the FIND function.  The FIND function works with text formatted strings.  The "@ symbol isn't a text formatted string within the Text Formatted Property (Text: Email).  The text characters for the @ symbol is really %40". 

In Option 1, I've shown you a drawn out way to accomplish so you can see the step-by-step process.  The 'Conditional Logic' line item shows you how to do it in one step. 

In Option 2, I've shown how to do it with the COMPARE functionality.  In the 'Compare' line item, it shows a "-1" where the Email Address doesn't equal the 'Domain' line item. 

Option 3 represents loading the Email Address as a Text:General formatted item, converting it to a Text: Email formatted item for different usage, and then determining what email is invalid by using the Text:General formatted line item. 

I hope this helps you determine the best way to accomplish for your particular example.

2019-03-22_11-53-07.png

2019-03-22_11-54-38.png

• Create a process with selecting checkboxes and pushing those checked selections into the list, creating a subset based on those selections. Have it almost as a side by side comparison. 

• I always use drill down (from grid view, right click and select drill down) which displays the formula with better formatting and indentations.  Copy the formula from this view to Notepad ++ and make your edits there. 

• The AMA has now ended. We hope you enjoyed the live session. If you have additional questions, please consider posting your questions in the forums section where the Community will be happy to help!