FAQ

Highlighted
Community Manager

FAQ

Post any questions you have about User Groups Live! here—anything from event logistics, technical requirements, or anything else you can think of—and we'll respond as soon as possible!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: FAQ

What is a User Group?

Anaplan's User Groups are for people with similar interests, business goals, or objectives to interact and collaborate along their Connected Planning journeys. Groups may be both in-person meetups and virtual groups in the Community. Group members can assist one another with challenging model builds, learn more about Anaplan, and exchange tips and best practices.

Do I need to be a member of a User Group to attend User Groups Live!?

No. User Groups Live! is open to anyone to attend, however, advance registration and an active Community account are required. You will also need an internet connection capable of playing streaming video from Vimeo. Visit the User Groups Live! registration page to reserve your spot. If you are not yet a member of a regional User Group, or a Community User Group, we encourage you to locate your nearest group today!

How do I register for User Groups Live!?

Visit the User Groups Live! registration page and complete the form. Be sure to use the email address that you have listed in your Community account. You will receive a registration confirmation by email after submitting the form. You will also be notified via personal message in the Community once you have been granted access to the private event space.

How do I test whether I can view Vimeo streams?

To test your access, we suggest streaming our recent AMA video here. We recommend ensuring that your computer is capable of playing a Vimeo stream and that Vimeo is not restricted on your device prior to the User Groups Live! event day.

What if I can’t stream Vimeo?

If you are unable to stream content from Vimeo (due to your organization's viewing restrictions or other reasons), we suggest trying the following:

• Use an alternate, personal device and/or an alternate internet connection or network.
  • Talk to your organization (your manager or IT team) about special access options.
  • Attend or host a local User Group viewing event (to inquire about attending, hosting, or requesting an event near you, please contact your User Group Leader or email usergroups@anaplan.com).
  • Download the Vimeo app through your device's app store.

What if I can't attend the event, or I can only attend part of it? Will I be able to view the content another time?

User Groups Live! is structured like a traditional User Group event: sessions will be presented from a virtual stage and interactions with presenters and other attendees will take place in real time. As such, we are requiring that registrants be in attendance to view the event during the designated time.

There are two exceptions:

• User Group Leaders who are hosting local User Groups Live! viewing events will have access to rebroadcast certain content at their events during the 24 hours immediately following the initial livestream. To inquire about attending, hosting, or requesting an event near you, please contact your User Group Leader or email usergroups@anaplan.com.
  • User Groups Live! registrants in the Asia-Pacific region will have a time-delayed rebroadcast of the entire event. This will take place at 8:00 pm PDT on 3.21 (8:30am IST / 11:00 am SGT / 2:00 pm AEDT on 3.22). If you are in the Asia-Pacific region, please register for the event in order to receive additional updates as they become available. Contact your local User Group Leader or email usergroups@anaplan.com with any questions.

Will User Groups Live! replace User Groups as I've known them?

No. User Groups Live! will supplement existing User Group events and User Groups in Community, providing a new and exciting way to connect.

Will I have the opportunity to provide feedback following the event?

Yes. We welcome your feedback and will provide a post-event survey for interested attendees to complete.

I am attending a viewing event. Can I still participate in the interactive elements of the livestream?

Yes. In order to participate in the live chat or interact in the event forums, you will need to be logged in to your Community account from your own device. In this situation, you would watch the livestream on the screen provided at the event and only use your device for interaction in the chat and forums.

I am located in the Asia-Pacific region. What are my viewing options?

While we have made every effort to schedule User Groups Live! to accommodate as many regions as possible, it was not possible to find a time that was convenient for all parts of the world. However, in an effort to make the event accessible to all, User Groups Live! registrants in the Asia-Pacific region will have a time-delayed rebroadcast of the entire event. This will take place at 8:00 pm PDT on 3.21 (8:30am IST / 11:00 am SGT / 2:00 pm AEDT on 3.22). If you are in the Asia-Pacific region, please register for the event in order to receive additional updates as they become available. Contact your local User Group Leader or email usergroups@anaplan.com with any questions.

Can Anaplan partners / employees attend?

Yes. User Groups Live! is open to anyone to attend, and employees and partners are both encouraged to join. Please register in advance.

How can I find out if there's a meetup event in my area to view User Groups Live! with other attendees?

Check the Upcoming Events section on the main User Groups page to see if there is an event planned in your area. If you don't see one, consider hosting one or posting to your local group to let others know you are interested in attending a viewing event. Please email usergroups@anaplan.com with questions or for additional assistance.

Will I be able to interact with presenters or other attendees?

Yes. User Groups Live! will offer attendees the opportunity to interact with presenters and each other throughout the event via real-time chat and topic-based forums. Additionally, an Ask Me Anything session will conclude the event and will allow attendees to submit questions for a panel of experts to answer live on camera.

Will the content be closed-captioned, subtitled, or dubbed in other languages?

At this time, closed-captioning and subtitles are not available. All presentations will be in English.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi

I've just spotted the change of GMT time to my original calander entry from the registration link (see below). Not sure what has changed, but thought I ought to post this out for any of my fellow UK based Anaplanners who may have been making plans to webinar from 4pm where it seems it should be 3pm in the UK.

Anaplan User Groups Live calander notifciation.JPG

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Think it's day-light saving a couple of weeks earlier than when we have it... does mean not having to squirrel a load of snacks to have mid-way through because it'll be dinner time!

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Scorina Thank you for posting this! Yes, we did discover a daylight saving time issue between the US and UK scheduling that mixed things up. Very sorry about this. We will post an additional announcement later today with final details for everyone, and I'll include this info.