Highlighted
Community Manager

Session: Model Building with the DISCO Method

Ask your questions for Joey Morisette here!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Session: Model Building with the DISCO Method

Really liked the presentation. Where can I find the presentation used?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Thanks Jim, glad you enjoyed the presentation. I've attached the presentation to this reply. Additionally, there is a great community article Here , that goes into detail re: DISCO methodology. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Are their video demo's somewhere that show the modules how they were setup during the session?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I will add to this - any chance of making the DISCO demo model available at the apphub ?

Or at least would you please point out an existing Anaplan app which uses a nice time management model similar to this one which can be referenced/copied ?

Very nice session, thanks in advance

Highlighted

Where would you put user filter modules?  We go back and forth between system and input.   Additionally, a module such as where a planner selects whether they want to plan in USD or Local Currency (A pick list)

Highlighted

From a DISCO perspective, functionally both would be okay as either System or Input would serve a similiar purpose in terms of flowing information downstream to Calculation and Output modules. Personally, I would classify those as Input modules as End Users (i.e. not model builders) are making inputs and adjusting the reporting and presentation of the Output modules. I view System modules as fairly static reference modules like time reference, mapping definitions that do not change often or only changed by workspace admins, things like that!