Work From Home resources

Highlighted
Community Manager

Work From Home resources

Working from home now? There's a growing list of articles and resources for those new to the full-time remote work life. Here are a few. Post your favorites, and call out the most helpful piece of info from it!

My favorite section: 

Don't take your work home downstairs with you

Another easy trap to fall into is working every waking hour because you're always 'at work'. Set fixed work start/end times and stick to them. Leave your office at the end of the day and consider the work finished. If you do need to hop back to work later because something cropped up, go back to your desk to put yourself in work mode - don't be tempted to start working from the sofa.

Some other great articles: 

3 REPLIES 3
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Work From Home resources

I'd add I like to keep to my normal routine minus commuting. I start at 8.30 therefore sit down ready to go, and like you have as favourite finish at the proper time.
Also try and get out for a walk (albeit socially distant from others) before and after gets me out of "home" mode into "work" mode and vice versa!

And be considerate of the other home workers in your house, but don't ignore them either. Likely to be your other half, flat-mate, etc. so have lunch, coffee breaks together. Got to make it some level of enjoyable!

Highlighted
Community Manager

https://zapier.com/learn/remote-work/

Zapier does have an amazing guide on their site for this as well. They know how it is done!
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@AaronW 

Amazing! Very well articulated.

All of us need to understand that we need to have a proper routine which can and should be followed. I struggled a lot Initially because I always kept my laptop open in front of me as I used to work on the couch.

You know what I sold my couch:). Now I have proper place to work and I go there only when I need to, otherwise strict No post office hours