06-22-2018 07:52 AM
Product Roadmap and Innovation - Featuring Sampath Gomatam
Tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been at Anaplan?
- I’ve been at Anaplan for a year and a half. It has been a blur, but I also feel like I’ve been here for a lot longer. Everyone at Anaplan feels this way!
Tell me about your journey here. What areas have you worked in?
- I came into to Anaplan to lead the Product Management, UX and Technology partnership teams. During the first half of 2017, we decided to re-emphasize our focus on LOBs and build out our expertise in Finance, Sales, and Supply Chain. As part of that re-organization, the LOB team which include product marketing, platform product marketing, and strategic pricing also moved under product.
- It has been an amazing journey and it is truly humbling to be part of a fantastic team.
What is your area of expertise and why?
- I like the challenge of product strategy, product management and bringing a great experience to users. I believe my strength is the combination of technical understanding combined with customer management and product understanding.
Favorite thing about Anaplan:
- The product, of course! And the amazing, talented people I work with every day.
One fun fact about you:
- We have a plum tree in our backyard, so I started experimenting with making small batches of plum wine. One of our friends took a bottle to a local home-made wine tasting and got placed. So technically I am a maker of award-winning plum wine!