Export definition is not saving

Hi, 

I'm trying to save this export definition for this table in a dashboard so when any user exports this table into a file, the file will be titled "CTO Bonus Pivot Table" instead of its module name and to Include Empty Rows. I am doing this in a dev model, and trying to create a revision tag to push this export definition to production but there is no revision tag available for this kind of change. Also, when I do a revision tag and push this to prod, it did not save this definition and it still is titled the module name and it is still checked on Omit Empty Rows. Does anyone know the issue here?

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

Amanda 

Tagged:

Answers

• HI @aabalos,

Can you please put that export action in a process and publish that to the dashboard. Your problem will be resolved!

Let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Kavin.

• Awesome! This works thanks!!! 🙂
  • Hi, 

I have another issue. When I select the dropdown to filter on Q3-2019 data and then click the export button to export the file, the file will open and its not the Q3-2019 orders, shown below. So the export is not exporting the correct data based on the selection in the dropdown. How do i sync the export so that it will export what is on the screen/what is selected?

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Thanks again!!

Amanda

• HI @aabalos,

Do you mean in the dashboard while selecting the dropdown you getting refreshed view but not in Exports? If yes, then create an export action from the dashboard itself (Current view in the DB) and use that export action. 

Regards,

Kavin.

• Hi Kavin, 

I dont understand what you mean. When i select a filter using the dropdown, for example, i filter and select "Q1-2019" data, i click on the Export CTO Report button and it does not export the Q1-2019 data (what is currently shown in the dashboard). How do i make it so that the export button will export whatever is currently showing in the dashboard?

Thanks,

AmandaCapture.PNG

• HI @aabalos,

Export the data directly from dashboard and save the action. 

Export definition is not saving.PNG

That should work as expected.

Regards,

Kavin.