SSO Integration - Friendly URL

Our company has been recently setup with SSO itnegration with Anaplan. Because of security measures, it had to be done. Now that SSO is there, the URL provided to our users is long and hard to remember. Users have to bookmark it. Issue at hand is that when users click on the custom URL, it changes to typical anaplan url after SSO is authenticated and this happens all behind the scenes. When users at this stage (or as a matter of fact at any stage) attempt to bookmark and later access that bookmark, they are taken to Anaplan's default login page which is not SSO compliant. They attempt to input SSO login/pwd and after few attempts (perhaps 3), they are locked out. There is no way for anyone to tell the user is locked out, even admins. And to make the story worse, we have to delete them the user workspaces and re-add them with tons of sutome setup in each workspace (entitlements). With 10's and soon 100s of users, we are bombarded with complaints already and leaving a very bad impression of the product and at the same time, our technical abilities to sort the issue out. Anaplan, in such exception cases where SSO is integrated,  should provide friendly URLs at the and ensure that when bookmarks are done, users are taken to the SSO integrated page and not the standard login. Note that for non-tech's a bookmark edit is a hastle and at the same time our users are all accross the globe.

4 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Delivered
  • This issue should be addressed.  If a non-authenticated SSO user accesses a bookmark to Anaplan content, they will be redirected to Frontdoor with an option to login via SSO.  Once they click the "log in via SSO" link, they should be directed through the authentication process with their IDP, after which they will be re-directed to the bookmarked content.

• Hi,

Can you tell me the process of how to enable SSO login option?

Since, we are currently using the normal way of login however, my organization want me to enable the SSO credential.

Could you please help me from the beginning how i can enable that!

Regards

Shweta  

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!